You and I Experiments (RWA-remix)

Started by RWA, February 03, 2009, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Quote from: "Mouse"It is most excellent RWA! And how did you do them there drums? They're superb!  :D
Thanks Mouse.  :)
I've played the drums myself on a Roland e-kit but instead of using the drum module sounds I used the sounds from DFH Superior which are WAY more realistic.

Mouse

Quote from: "RWA"I've played the drums myself on a Roland e-kit but instead of using the drum module sounds I used the sounds from DFH Superior which are WAY more realistic.

You're telling me they sound more realistic!

Unfortunately any drums on my own work is always me drawing in every single note on Cubase using some incredibly artificial sounding VST.  :(

Which is why recently I've been experimenting with 808-style drum machine sounds to overcome the problem!  :)

Airlie Frost

Can I just say what you have done with this track is amazing, its made me a first time poster after keeping quiet all this time.
the clue is in the question?

Bokkie

If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Airlie Frost

Quote from: "Bokkie"Hey Airlie,welcome to the board!

why Thank You very much!!!  :lol:
the clue is in the question?

rogerg

RWA

Quote from: "Airlie Frost"Can I just say what you have done with this track is amazing, its made me a first time poster after keeping quiet all this time.
Thanks so much and welcome! :)

Mouse

Welcome, welcome and thrice welcome!  :D

Brom

Hey Ron,

I don't know how I missed this when you first posted it, but I grabbed a slice last week. It's been on my PC at work and I've played it almost to death these past few days. The chord progressions are just amazing! I love the layering of the pads and the harmonies, goosebump inducing or what.  :o  :D Added to that, as a lot of the others have pointed out is the drumming, nicely sitting in the mix and interesting in it's own right, if that makes sense. Makes it a track you can listen to in many ways, if that makes sense too!  :lol: Personally I think the mix is pretty damn good. It's easy to forget it's based on EIMA tracks, as these are so seamlessly blended in. Bloody good show!! Well done and I hope you are proud of it, cos you should be!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

RWA

Quote from: "Brom"Hey Ron,

I don't know how I missed this when you first posted it, but I grabbed a slice last week. It's been on my PC at work and I've played it almost to death these past few days. The chord progressions are just amazing! I love the layering of the pads and the harmonies, goosebump inducing or what.  :o  :D Added to that, as a lot of the others have pointed out is the drumming, nicely sitting in the mix and interesting in it's own right, if that makes sense. Makes it a track you can listen to in many ways, if that makes sense too!  :lol: Personally I think the mix is pretty damn good. It's easy to forget it's based on EIMA tracks, as these are so seamlessly blended in. Bloody good show!! Well done and I hope you are proud of it, cos you should be!  :D
Thanks for all that Brom! I'm glad you like it. :)

ChrisX

I haven't spend much time in this section so I thought it was about time to thrawl through it again.

This one is an amazing piece of work and if anything it proves that there is some serious talent at work here. The ultimate tribute of course would be if the band themselves picked up this arrangement and played it live preferably in Holland  :D

Goed gedaan !!!
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Ecosse

Just been listening to this (and the other stuff on your site) and there's not much that I can say that hasn't already been covered in the thread, it truely is stupendous.
| Chris |
Twitter

Pedro

I think it's time to give this thread a massive BUMP.
Ron's take on You/I and EIMA is a masterpiece that get's frequent plays on my iPod.
Check it out!
Here's the link from the first post to save you time! :-

You and I experiments (RWA-remix)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

David

Quote from: "Pedro"I think it's time to give this thread a massive BUMP.
Ron's take on You/I and EIMA is a masterpiece that get's frequent plays on my iPod.
Check it out!
Here's the link from the first post to save you time! :-

You and I experiments (RWA-remix)
Thanks for the BUMP... touché!  ;)
I just love the mix.
Great drums, beautiful guitar work... excellent!

RWA

Thanks for the bump Pedro.  :)

I'm in the mood for another remix. No idea what it will be or when it will be finished or if it will be approved by the United Nations and NASA but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.