Some of my songs

Started by Pajter, February 03, 2009, 03:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pajter

Hi everyone!

I thought this would be a great place to post some of my latest compositions. I have two songs to offer you. Both instrumental, because I'm a bad singer, and an even worse lyricist.

These songs were actually made for my friends. Last year I decided that I would write everyone a song for their birthdays. Then I would get other friends, or myself to do some bullshit/comedy singing on them. However, I will spare you all that, and just post the instrumental versions.

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/20836 ... sympho.mp3
Orchestral piece

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/20836 ... 20link.mp3
Rock kind of thing

Note that all of this is done by a midi keyboard, and loads of samples. There's nothing "live" on there so to say. Also bear in mind that I'm actually a drummer, not a keyboard player. :P

Comments and criticism appreciated!

David

Wow ! Love "The Missing Link" (remind me of some band  :lol: )
The drum samples sound great, the synth solo too (VST ?)
Magnifique !

Pajter

Thanks!

The drums VST is called Addictive Drums. Awesome sample library, with lots of mixing options.

For the synth I used the Korg Wavestation VST. I actually think it was one of the leads Jem used in his BLM solo sound. Minilead if I'm not mistaken.

That solo took me a few takes to record, because I've only been playing keys for about two years or so. Started at the same time I started writing/recording music.

Pajter

I found another song, it's not done yet. Still needs vocals and whatnot.

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/20836 ... 20july.mp3

And one more, it's a remix of a song from Sonic The Hedgehog 3. Maybe somebody will recognize it. :D

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/20836 ... %20Egg.mp3

ShoeflyDBM

Wow, man. This is really awesome. Can't stop listening to The Missing Link (reminds me a bit of Kevin Gilbert), and you show some serious arranging skills on Kai Symphony (incidentally my name is Kai, so that helps :P)! The ending has some really great chord-progressions, especially the last minute or so.

Consider me a fan.

Pajter

:shock:

Ehhrm, thank you very much! I'm actually feeling kind of shy right now. How weird is that..

I was hesitant/scared to post my songs on here.. didn't know if anybody would even like it. Never dreamed somebody would be so complimentary, lol.

Thanks again! As soon as I have something new, I'll be sure to post a link here, in case you're interested. :)

RWA

Good stuff!  :D

I love "The Missing Link"; great vibe.
"Kai Sympho" could be a sound track to a film. Excellent stuff!  :)

johninblack

Quote from: "RWA"Good stuff!  :D

"Kai Sympho" could be a sound track to a film. Excellent stuff!  :)

Hey, Ron, stop stealing my thoughts. LOL.! :mrgreen:
Good stuff indeed.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pajter

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it!

I'm working on a new piece. It's sort of a soundtrack, except there's no movie or anything to accompany it. Got some good inspiration from Hans Zimmer and Marty O'Donnell. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along. It's a buttload of work though. I've been working on it for almost a day (non-stop), and I only have 2 minutes to show for it. I hope the result will be worth it though.

Pedro

Quote from: "Pajter"Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it!

I'm working on a new piece. It's sort of a soundtrack, except there's no movie or anything to accompany it. Got some good inspiration from Hans Zimmer and Marty O'Donnell. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along. It's a buttload of work though. I've been working on it for almost a day (non-stop), and I only have 2 minutes to show for it. I hope the result will be worth it though.
I look forward to hearing this.
Perhaps when it is done there might be scope for some of our very talented photograFrost*ies to put some images to it? Like some kind of back-to-front audio caption competition....? Just a thought....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Pajter

That would be a really cool idea indeed! Definitely going to keep this in mind. I'm going to continue working on it again today. If all goes well at this pace, I hope to finish it sometime next week.

Pajter

In case anybody is still lurking in this topic for the orchestral piece I promised: I'm sorry.

I am not able to finish it, so it seems. I'm terribly stuck, and am just going to let it rest for a while. I don't think pushing this will have any positive effect on it whatsoever.

However, I don't want to be an ass and promise stuff without delivering. So I'll just post the WIP I have here. It's better than nothing. At least, I hope it is.. lol. It'll have to do for now.

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/20836 ... 0pants.mp3

Note: these are still two seperate pieces. I was trying to write something to fit inbetween, but haven't been able to come up with something decent. God knows I've tried, and deleted several ideas...

Second note: I always make up lame working titles, I know. :P