Milliontown Cover Questions

Started by eviani, February 10, 2009, 05:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eviani

Well, first off, I'm new to the forum so hey everyone!

I got hooked on Frost* in September and they've run my life since then...to the point that I want to tackle covering Milliontown on my Fantom.  The hardest part of this for me, besides programming those epic sounds, is going to be the samples that Jem triggers during the song - like the heartbeats, the words, the different electronic noises...

Does anybody know where I can find those and any/all tabs to the song itself?

johninblack

Firstly a big Frostie* welcome. Various people have tabbed various bits and pieces. Probably your best bet would be to search the forum, time consuming I know but easier than tabbing it yourself. :mrgreen:
I'm sure a few people will post links to the bits they have worked out.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

eviani

Thanks for the welcome! Any idea about where to look for those samples?

johninblack

Quote from: "eviani"Thanks for the welcome! Any idea about where to look for those samples?
I would think the only place to get those exact samples would be from Jem himself unless anyone else knows different.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

eviani

I figured.  I thought they'd have something in the liner notes about where samples were taken from but either he created them himself or he chose to exclude that information.  Bugger.  I suppose you could sample the opening of Milliontown but that's about it as anything within the song would be covered by the instrumentals.

Anybody have any idea what that large organ patch he is using for the hits when the song kicks in?

rogerg

Quote from: "eviani"that large organ patch he is using

it comes in a patch?   :shock:

eviani

Well...no....but that large organ/combo sound he's using.  There's organ, strings and some other sounds in that those hits that make them sound very big and larger than life.  Even with the Frost* Reports I still can't quite figure out what makes up that sound he's using under the lead line.

wickedwitch

Quote from: "rogerg"

:shock:  that was a bit under the belt Rog!!!  :D

rogerg

Quote from: "wickedwitch"
Quote from: "rogerg"

:shock:  that was a bit under the belt Rog!!!  :D

well, I wanted eviani to feel like a member here!

8-)

gr8gonzo

I tried the organ patch.  I still had cravings.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

eviani

Har, har, har guys..... ;) Thanks for the welcome lol

Pedro

Welcome to the madness, eviani!
Some organizations put new members through bizarre and pun-ishing initiations....you just made it through yours!  :lol:
There is still a chance that Jem might find time to post an answer, but in the meantime, help yourself to the biscuits.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

eviani

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"I tried the organ patch.  I still had cravings.

Well, I'm not sure any patch can help you if you're having cravings for organs...

leelustig

Quote from: "eviani"I figured.  I thought they'd have something in the liner notes about where samples were taken from but either he created them himself or he chose to exclude that information.  Bugger.  I suppose you could sample the opening of Milliontown but that's about it as anything within the song would be covered by the instrumentals.

Anybody have any idea what that large organ patch he is using for the hits when the song kicks in?
hmm.. i know what youre talking about but im not so sure its an organ he's using. then again, i have a weird ear. i hear lucious caverns from the korg x-50, but that may be too obscure... hmm... sounds like bells and strings to me with a very FROSTY wintery-kinda vibe...

I have been literally no help. i'm sorry.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

eviani

Quote from: "leelustig"
Quote from: "eviani"I figured.  I thought they'd have something in the liner notes about where samples were taken from but either he created them himself or he chose to exclude that information.  Bugger.  I suppose you could sample the opening of Milliontown but that's about it as anything within the song would be covered by the instrumentals.

hmm.. i know what youre talking about but im not so sure its an organ he's using. then again, i have a weird ear. i hear lucious caverns from the korg x-50, but that may be too obscure... hmm... sounds like bells and strings to me with a very FROSTY wintery-kinda vibe...

I have been literally no help. i'm sorry.

Hahaha.  No worries.  I hear those sounds too but there is a definitely an organ in that.  Just listen to the album when it comes in after the quiet piano opening.  It's a whole mix of delightful and wonderful noises...I guess it will just have to be trial and error.