Boo Hewerdine 'House Concert'

Started by FantomG, March 10, 2009, 08:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FantomG

Long shot....and more of an 'ad'

I'm hosting a 'house concert' by Boo Hewerdine...which is where he will play and sing his songs in a house...near Norwich....on Saturday 18th April and we have room for about 10 more people...

Boo is not prog and more acoustic folk/poetry ....so a completely different style to most things in this area...but this is fine music and an opportunity to see him perform in a really friendly, intimate setting.

For anyone unfamiliar, he has written and played with Eddi Reader ('Patience of Angels' is one of his best tunes), Suggs, KD Lang, Natalie Imbruglia, Paul Young...etc...
Was in 80s band 'The Bible', which was signed to independent Norwich label Backs Records...now tours the world  (week before us he's in Australia, week after starts tour of Scotland).

http://www.myspace.com/boohewerdine

http://www.boohewerdine.net/disco/disco.htm

So anyone interested, please PM me with email address and I will let you know more details, like food, cost and times...

:D

gjstockham

I'm sure this will be great.  I have an old CD single of "Graceland" by the Bible and love it.  Also have the "Baptist Hospital" album.  I saw him playing as a support act before Del Amitri many years ago at Edinburgh Castle.  Always surprised how often his name seems to pop up on records I like!  I'm too far from Norwich though :)

FantomG

Thanks gjstockham ...shame you're too far away...as I am also sure it'll be a great night ...even just for the food...haha....

Cheers,  :D

johninblack

What sort of cost would we be looking at?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

FantomG

Hi John,

Thanks for question...

£25 per head ....that includes hot food, Boo playing a couple of hours...

PM me if you'd like to know the rest of the details.

Cheers,  :)

FantomG

last 4 tickets going... going...

:D

Lambsie

I'm a massive Boo Fan - I've always wanted to organise a Boo house concert myself! Hope it goes well - Norwich is a little distant for me, though...

FantomG

Thanks Lambsie,

Sorry we're too far away from you....Only a couple tickets left...

It should be a great evening ...he's playing about an hour...followed by a hot meal together, then playing another hour afterwards....and staying for a chat with everyone.

We managed to secure him just after he comes back from his dates in Australia and just before a tour of Scotland...

Cheers  :)

FantomG

Well, what an amazing gig!!!

Boo was fantastic.....brilliant voice and playing, nice and chatty with our small crowd of just over 20, sound was excellent, food yummy.....a great evening had by all :D

If anyone gets the opportunity to host a gig in there house...then Boo is highly recommended.