Daniel Lanois Info

Started by Mouse, February 15, 2009, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Some work I've been given for the half term break includes researching the production and microphone techniques of Daniel Lanois. I've found a list of some of the albums he's worked on, but can't find anything about his specific role and what he did.

Can any of you good Frost*ies help?

rogerg

didja check Wikipedia?  should be a good place to start.

he's currently working with Eno and Lillywhite on U2's latest.

what a slacker.

8-)

Mouse

Cheers Rog! The problem with Wikipedia is we ain't allowed to use it, what with anyone being able to change it and such. I did use it as a means to find his official website, but maybe I should give it a read anyways - might be able to point me in a better direction.

Thanks again, matey!  :D

EVP

Theres a TapeOp interview with their engineer who was working with him on
Peter Gabriel's  "So" album but I'm not sure if it's online or not. Some Irish dude
whos name as eluded me at the moment.

Sorry thats probably not much help right now. I'll see if I can dig it up.

*edit* Kevin Killen is his name. Unfortunately the article doesn't appear to be online.

rogerg

oh yeah, you can never use wikipedia as a primary source, but there are usually many links from there that can be.  it's a great trampoline!

Mouse

Quote from: "rogerg"oh yeah, you can never use wikipedia as a primary source, but there are usually many links from there that can be.  it's a great trampoline!

Aye, that be true. Even if the main article is at fault, the references and links have to be correct for accuracy's sake. These are the things I go for when I'm researching stuff.

Also ta for the help EVP!  :)

tomskerous

'On Some Faraway Beach' - the Brian Eno biography - contains a little about the working relationship between the pair on U2 stuff. (Mainly involving DL doing all the actual work, while Eno pontificates, as far as I can tell)
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!