Main Menu

Re: Can I...

Started by Philadelphia, November 09, 2008, 01:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philadelphia

Indeed. I was visiting that UK country I'm so fond of a while back and I was sitting in a Starbucks, minding my own business, when suddenly these quite familiar lyrics and moderately familiar melody started playing but the song was hardly familiar at all. I assume this was the original version of the song (or some other cover of it, I have no idea) and it hit me once more how great Jem's version is.
The version the coffee-mongers played for me resulted in an unenthusiastic "huh", while Jem's version brings on a fascinated "oooh!".
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Philadelphia

Wow, there's so much I don't know! I really ought to have been more familiar with the origins of that song...

But yes, it was the Buddy Holly version and yes, I recognise some of those. (;-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Jem

I just did it for a laugh. I wanted to see if I could make and release a piece of music in 6 hours.

I can.  :lol:

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Jem"I just did it for a laugh. I wanted to see if I could make and release a piece of music in 6 hours.

I bet you can't do it in less than 3 hours... :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

kyuwert

Everything Jem touches turns to gold!

...and his wife hasn't been seen for years... rumor has it he had a golden statue created in her likeness...

Dena

Quote from: "vkamicht"Everything Jem touches turns to gold!

...and his wife hasn't been seen for years... rumor has it he had a golden statue created in her likeness...
Well, have you ever seen Jem and this guy in the same room?   ;)
Innit.

Mikey

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "Jem"I just did it for a laugh. I wanted to see if I could make and release a piece of music in 6 hours.

And bloody damn well! :D
WORD
I used to have a signature