Anyone used one of these?

Started by jeg1972, February 20, 2009, 07:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "jeg1972"http://www.native-instruments.com/newreleases/#/en/products/producer/maschine/

If so... what's it like?

John

Nope, although I appreciate the in-your-face nature of the adverts on NI's website  :D

Somewhat related though, as a complete non-musician I have very much enjoyed mucking around with NI's free Kore Player on my Macbook Pro, connected to a Yamaha Clavinova. Some very nice patches to play with, including my favourite soundscape one that I could listen to for hours, Lost in Trees.

Imagine my surprise then when it cropped up absolutely verbatim, no obvious changes, in Episode 1 or 2 of the last series of Spooks. Anyone else here spot that, or is Kore Player just for drongos like me (and TV sound producers)?  :shock:

jeg1972

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Imagine my surprise then when it cropped up absolutely verbatim, no obvious changes, in Episode 1 or 2 of the last series of Spooks. Anyone else here spot that, or is Kore Player just for drongos like me (and TV sound producers)?  :shock:

Yeah, it happens quite a bit actually, where you'll hear a music bed in a TV series that really is just a standard patch on a keyboard... they don't even attempt to tweak it or put it through some effects!