Main Menu

KORG X-50

Started by XeRocks81, January 26, 2009, 06:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Quote from: "leelustig"I mean I use Logic, I'm trapped with it, but its fuckin evil  :twisted:
I assume from that comment you have a lot of problems with it, what is it that makes you dislike it so much?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

leelustig

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "leelustig"I mean I use Logic, I'm trapped with it, but its fuckin evil  :twisted:
I assume from that comment you have a lot of problems with it, what is it that makes you dislike it so much?
nothing in particular, I just feel like it's very user unfriendly sometimes, compared to other interfaces.
and honestly I don't know if our engineering skills are just really off, but so many of our tracks get thrown around and become completely out of time with eachother. We've lost full songs and it became unable to salvage them. We call it the 'logic ghost' that just fucks up all our shit.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

johninblack

Quote from: "leelustig"
Quote from: "johninblack"
nothing in particular, I just feel like it's very user unfriendly sometimes, compared to other interfaces.
and honestly I don't know if our engineering skills are just really off, but so many of our tracks get thrown around and become completely out of time with eachother. We've lost full songs and it became unable to salvage them. We call it the 'logic ghost' that just fucks up all our shit.
I guess that would give you a pretty screwed up opinion then. :twisted:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

jeg1972

Quote from: "XeRocks81"so nobody's familiar with that synth? (he desperately asks)

Yep, I've got one... what do you want to know? :-)

It's a quite decent entry level synth, it's got some good sounds from all levels on it... Organs, Percussion, Analogue plus classic Korg sounds from the M1 and other Korg models.

Actually... if you want to hear some of the patches, just type X50 into YouTube, there are loads of videos on there!

XeRocks81

Quote from: "jeg1972"
Quote from: "XeRocks81"so nobody's familiar with that synth? (he desperately asks)

Yep, I've got one... what do you want to know? :-)

It's a quite decent entry level synth, it's got some good sounds from all levels on it... Organs, Percussion, Analogue plus classic Korg sounds from the M1 and other Korg models.

Actually... if you want to hear some of the patches, just type X50 into YouTube, there are loads of videos on there!

I ended up buying it, I've had it for about three weeks now.   I  got the hang of the basic playing functions pretty quickly but I'm still getting my head around the multitude of tweaking possibilities.  I guess I should try to be more adventurous with it since I can always do a factory reset if I screw up too badly.