this is just terrible sounding

Started by leelustig, February 17, 2009, 07:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Mouse"I've always been fond of the word lobster.  8-)
Is that one of those annoying paper-clip-like help thingies....?

"You appear to be trying to defeat the Word-knows-more-about-formatting-than-you'll-ever-know-so-leave-the-picture-where-it-is feature...would you like some help (blink-blink)"

One of these is what I means, my friend!

However, I think we can all agree that Word's ideas on formatting pictures is a load of (insert colourful hateful words here).

wickedwitch

i remember distinctly saying to both my husbands (on separate occasions i hasten to add) dont ever let me do that again.  

then again they are very cute....  :roll:  :D

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "wickedwitch"i remember distinctly saying to both my husbands (on separate occasions i hasten to add) dont ever let me do that again.  

then again they are very cute....  :roll:  :D

That they are  :) Very nice portraits ...

Once the whole nappy / pram / can't-quite-communicate-rationally phase is over, perhaps when they're around 5-6, things become very worthwhile. Of course, ours have not yet exceeded ten yet, so we haven't faced the stroppy-hormonal-teenager bit yet either  :D

MrsJiB

Quote from: "Nellie"On a happy note re childbirth......I'm NEVER doing that again! :lol:
I said that 20 years ago and I've kept to it!

I had a camera up the back passage when I had an ulcerated sphincter and then surgery soon after. I can say that the camera was worse than the baby thing...the camera went in and I was laying on my side I jumped and the ceiling got closer ( I swear):shock:  :shock:  :shock: the surgery was bliss!
I would rather have a baby then have to go through  an ulcerated sphincter again
THATS SAYING SOMETHING

Mouse

Stubbing your toe's quite painful too.

Bert

I had one of those hang nail things once. Oh and paper cuts - nothing worse than a paper cut is there ? :D

(I'm off to me bomb shelter...)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Geetar

Reaching out to grab something on a high shelf can be shockingly, eye-wateringly painful when you've got something like carpal tunnel or tendonitis-type problems.

As is waking up to discover that the disc in your back (that is by now the approximate thickness of a communion wafer) didn't enjoy the heavy lifting/dragging you did the previous day.

Being in your mid-to-late 40s sucks.
This space for sale.

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"Reaching out to grab something on a high shelf can be shockingly, eye-wateringly painful when....

you catch a nostril on the tie rack on the way back down.

bleeds a lot, too.

Geetar

Any direct experience of that, or just conjecture on your part? :shock:
This space for sale.

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"Any direct experience of that, or just conjecture on your part? :shock:

sadly, and painfully, direct experience.   :shock:

johninblack

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "Geetar"Any direct experience of that, or just conjecture on your part? :shock:

sadly, and painfully, direct experience.   :shock:
Ouch!.......Very Ouch!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Nellie

Quote from: "Geetar"Reaching out to grab something on a high shelf can be shockingly, eye-wateringly painful when....

bleeds a lot, too.
I've got a mental image now that is making me giggle.
It's in the post!

Pedro

Quote from: "Nellie"

bleeds a lot, too.
I've got a mental image now that is making me giggle.
It does sound like a nomination for the Norman Awards (Norman Wisdom, that is)....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"