Annoying Keith's Daughter Turns Good

Started by tomskerous, March 13, 2009, 11:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomskerous

Blinkety flip - isn't Lily Allen's "The Fear" just the finest bit of pop since (ironically) the last Girls Aloud album came out?

Just love the lyrics, the pacing, the swirly oh-where-are-you-talk-talk 80s synths...

A perfect parcel of delights, and I commend it to the house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wGMlSuX_c
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

rogerg

Ash

yes I have been annoyed for a while that I like it a lot
Ash
xxx

tomskerous

I'm rather distressed that I'm now considering buying her album too.
I said no.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Brom

mmmm... it's OK.

Disappointed that the "F" word had to make an appearance. Especially as this will be listened to by so many youngsters.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Hmm...."This video does not currently support iPod" :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Pedro

Ok, seen it now....
Agree about the "F" word, completely redundant in this context.
Shame that the camera appears to make her go all awkward looking/moving like the ginger one from Girls Aloud - a little bit amateur-panto ("ok skip to the end, turn around, wait for a bit, skip back again...got it....").

I like the song itself, it's an ear-worm that works well. I'd happily listen to more but, as a midddle-aged Dad of two (which gives me the right to blindly assume things!! ;) ), the gratuitous lingo might become annoying? :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Geetar

It's one of those songs I wish had been done by almost anyone except the artist involved. I like the song and its arrangement, but can't bear the singer.

You're right about the synth work Tom. Dead good.
This space for sale.

rogerg

I think we're on the verge of the f-word becoming acceptable usage.  it wasn't that long ago that things like son-of-a-bitch weren't heard on tv, and now it's pretty normal (I'm not saying this is a good thing).

culture is going through a very strange time, as the emphasis on youth has gotten more and more prevalent.

I blame rock and roll and the internet.

8-)

tomskerous

I actually don't have a problem with the swearing in this version. There's a clean version that gets used on the radio and telly within the second watershed, and which is also up on youtube tagged differently. If you're set up parental screening properly, it'll be tricky for them to see it.

And my kids get to hear this word said in the street, will hear it in the playground long before popular culture introduces them to it.

I'm happy that a song exists where it's used with such wit, irony and verbal dexterity - it'll show my kids how to use the word properly and for best effect, not like a thoughtless comma.
I said no.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!