Main Menu

Six of the Best

Started by Bert, March 04, 2009, 01:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Did anyone hereabouts ever go to this ?

I did but can hardly remember a thing about it  ;)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Ash

My ex husband did.  He delighted in telling people he was there but he actually thought it wasn't that good.  

(Bear in mind it was tradition to play Suppers Ready on his birthday before he did anything else and our first dance was Genesis too - he was a fan)
Ash
xxx

Pedro

Was this the gig at Milton Keynes done by the band to help PG out when his world music thing ran into trouble?

My gig buddy was there and I think he said that PG was carried onto the stage in a coffin and (bearing in mind it had been raining hard right up to that point and the crowd were soaked) his opening comment "Good job it's not raining" (or similar) was met with a salvo of cans and bottles, apparently.

I think I read a review in Sounds or Melody Maker that said that PG was lip-reading the front rows of the crowd to get the lyrics! :?  

That's all I have on the subject....unless you are referring to going to the HeadMaster for punishment in which case I wouldn't know anything about that....erm....is that the time....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Bert

Quote from: "Pedro"Was this the gig at Milton Keynes done by the band to help PG out when his world music thing ran into trouble?

Yes. True about the coffin, not sure about the bottles. Would have been very unusual for a Genesis crowd to do that.

When they played Suppers Ready, it stopped raining. :shock:
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

landslug

I have a bootleg LP of this somewhere around the house. Havent played it in awhile, but I seem to recall it was pretty rough, even setting aside the bootleg sound quality

Mouse

I've read that all existing bootlegs of the gig are quite shakey in quality. Pitty that.  :(

Still, what a setlist! I'd love to hear it one day!

Bert

Quote from: "Mouse"I've read that all existing bootlegs of the gig are quite shakey in quality. Pitty that.  :(

Still, what a setlist! I'd love to hear it one day!

Your wish, my command. Strictly on non-commercial basis. No money will change hands. Hope mods/JG OK with that. Don't want to get black-balled

PM me for details.  :D
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mouse

Cheers Bert! I love this Forum...  :mrgreen:

metalmatt

If we're talking bootlegs, then I have a rather intersting bootleg of the rehersals for Six of the Best if anyone is interested. I'm pretty sure it's a soundboard recording I'll have to double check though.

PM if interested.
"It\'s Phil Collins!... What\'s that Phil you need help with some lyrics, you think she has an Invisible Touch? Well you better ask her and find out."