Started by NoMeNoYou, March 13, 2009, 03:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMeNoYou

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2268614.aspx

Quoth Mike Portnoy:

QuoteFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 13, 2009

New York, NY:

Progressive metal veterans DREAM THEATER have announced BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS as the title of their tenth studio album.  The band commenced work on the album – their second for Roadrunner Records, following up 2007's Systematic Chaos — in October of last year.

Roadrunner will release the record on June 23. In addition to the standard version CD, the album will also be available on vinyl LP, as well as a 3-disc Special Edition CD that will include the full album, a CD of instrumental mixes of the album and a CD of six cover songs, the titles of which will be revealed at a later date.

Six weeks prior to the June 23 street date, Roadrunner will release one cover song per week through digital retailers.

Drummer Mike Portnoy and guitarist John Petrucci are once again at the helm as producers, while Paul Northfield mixed the record.

The band will embark on a world tour in support of the album beginning in Europe throughout June which will be followed by the second edition of the band's PROGRESSIVE NATION tour featuring Zappa Plays Zappa, Pain Of Salvation and Beardfish throughout North America in July/August.

A video for the first single, "A Rite of Passage" will be shot in late March.

The track listing for BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS is as follows:

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Wither
4. The Shattered Fortress
5. The Best of Times
6. The Count of Tuscany

Now kindly clean your drool on the way out.

FantomG

Biscuits will be soggy by June!

thanks for the info NoMeNoYou :D

Brom

Brilliant!!  :D  Thanks for that.

I must admit I didn't initially like that much of Systematic Chaos, but it has definitely been a grower. Now, I think the live version of "In the Presence of Enemies" (both parts) is bloomin fantastic.

:D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Valhall

Considering the album will not be released before the start of the tour (including the UK dates with our beloved Frost*), we may start hoping DT will perform Awake in its entirety on a few selected gigs, like they did with I&W two years ago... That would be nice, huh ?  :mrgreen:
...Whatever.

JamesA

So, are Frost* the black cloud or the silver lining ?  :x

;)

MikeEvs

Bert

I'd like something a bit more Falling into Infincity/SDOIT/Octavarium than ToT/Systematic Chaos  

Y'know like, some songs, instead of incessant shredding, would be nice.

Maybe I'm getting too old  :(
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

MikeEvs

I think you may get your wish as there seems to be a distinct prog album/metal album/prog album etc thing going on.

weezul

Mouse

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...  8-)

A CD of covers, eh? Wonder what they might be...?

Pajter

Quote from: "Bert"I'd like something a bit more Falling into Infincity/SDOIT/Octavarium than ToT/Systematic Chaos  

Y'know like, some songs, instead of incessant shredding, would be nice.

Maybe I'm getting too old  :(

I fully agree.

Used to be a huge Dream Theater fan, but nowadays.. argh. Loved Systematic Chaos when it was released. Ten listens later I threw it out (not really of course). Just can't listen to it anymore.

I hope this album will be different, but to be really honest: I don't have much hope left.

Ah well, at least I have Frost* to fill the hole. :D

gr8gonzo

My enjoyment of DT has been waning with each album, but I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt, as there's always something brilliant on each release.  I do wish they'd scale back the metal leanings of late, though, and cover some new ground instead of putting out more of the same.  That said, few do 'more of the same' as well.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Dr.Ripper

Excellent!

Looks like DT stole Frost*'s idea of putting out the instrumental mixes, eh?
whut

Pajter

L33VEY

I can hear it in Leeds & Southampton now...

"Here's another new song that hasn't been released yet that you'll love after a few listens"

Mind you - if Jem says that.......
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age