These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

MikeEvs

Not feeling so lazy this morning so looked around will now go have a listen

Ecosse

Cheers for that Gandalf, been listening to them today.

Seems since joining Roadrunner Records, they have really been influenced by them, going from Prog Metal, to Metal with prog touches.

Not that I'm complaining, still sounds superb, but definately need to swing back to the Prog Metal.
| Chris |
Twitter

Valhall

A bit disappointed I am by these fishies. Some great moments but overall sounds pretty easy and lame.

Hoping for something better on the 4 other tracks.
...Whatever.

xelerad

After having listened to both new tracks a couple of times, I must say they're leaning to the more metal side and reducing their prog approach. Also, I can't help to think that they have found a "formula", since most of the sections in A nightmare to remember and A rite of passage are just to similar to others in past Dream Theater songs.

Anyway, as a DT fan for many years, I will wait to listen for the whole thing to be available in order to form a better opinion. And also, I'm curious for the cover versions, for the lenght of the tracks I can't guess which one they'll be. Some La villa Strangiato would be fine, but I'm afraid the things will be metal-er than that.

EVP

After watching the video I sense a bit more goth-e-ness  in their sound.
So far I think it kinda sucks,thought the solo section was getting to the DT
I'm used to. BUT this is an edit of the song and I agree that I need to hear
the album as a whole before forming an opinion.

gr8gonzo

I'm not into torrential music, so lucky for me "A Rite Of Passage" turned up in the US iTunes store yesterday.  Not sure if it's also across the pond.

Sounds like something that would have been on Six Degrees..., kind of a mix of The Great Debate and maybe something from Scenes.  No new ground here, but welcome just the same.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Valhall

I have had the album (promo version, I do reviews for a french website) for a bit more than a week now, and it is a big relief for me to know that the aforementioned fishies were probably the worst tracks on the album.

I'm now even more eager to see them on stage next month !
...Whatever.

weezul

what do you want in exchange for your CD, i'll give you anything haha!!

Valhall

There's nothing you could offer, I'm sorry :)
I only have watermarked MP3s that I can't (and obviously won't) share, with anyone, for anything.

Be patient ! Only 5 weeks to go before the release...
...Whatever.

Bert

DT - Rite of Passage.

Can't make up my mind whether it's a masterpiece or a case of "they just can't help themselves, can they" ?
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Valhall

A weak track on this album if you ask me. I barely listen to it anymore. It has its moments, obviously, but it's not worth a penny compared to what the three last songs have to offer.
...Whatever.

gr8gonzo

After several listens, I'm liking the music (mostly), though it's disappointing the band is content to put out "more of the same."  The lyrics are fine, kinda cool, actually, though I'm not wild about the delivery and Portnoy's bvox.  The long metal break in the middle doesn't really do a whole lot for me, but it's not horrible.  The keyboard "solo" doesn't work for me, either.  It sounds a bit like R2-D2 short circuiting (sorry, JR).

A band with this much talent really should be trying to stretch themselves artistically.  That's just not happening.  But, "same old DT" is still a lot better than a lot of other bands.  I'm always hopeful they'll surprise me and usually find myself liking at least one or two tracks.  Systematic Chaos took a while to grow on me, but The Dark Eternal Night was always a standout, imo.  I won't hesitate to pick up the new CD.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

L33VEY

For all of us Luddites , A Rite of Passage is now on their MySpace page - 8 minues of it..  Sounds good to me..

//http://www.myspace.com/dreamtheater
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Geetar

It's all a bit "Pasta of Muppets", if you ask me.

They'll be doing Abba covers next.
This space for sale.