Main Menu

Re: Tea

Started by Philadelphia, November 09, 2008, 06:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philadelphia

I'll drink pretty much any tea. But I got this Chinese, green tea from a girl who lived in my hall of residency earlier this year, which is quite nice. Then there's this tea I get from a tea shop here in town called something along the lines of "raspberry-cream", which I love. But I'm a big fan of raspberry-flavoured foods and beverages so that's hardly surprising. (:-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Beano

I lke a nice drop of the Yorkshire Gold

And you can get it from Amazon  ;)

catherine

I like a nice drop of Yorkshire, myself, but I usually go for the hard water blend.

If I'm feeling particularly girly I'll have a cup of Twining's Lady Grey, but if it's after 6pm I drink Rooibos, otherwise the caffeine keeps me awake.

Geetar

Another Yorkshire fan here, and it's available in Publix- in the "ethnic section".

I never thought of myself as having ethnicity; but clearly, it can be acquired, and by the simple expedient of moving to a country that can't speak English.
This space for sale.

rogerg

oolong

ad Earl Grey

Big Black Shed

Coffee.

Jamaican Blue Mountain or Hawaii Kona, if I'm feeling exotic.

Or good strong dark espresso.

I can only drink tea if it's ice cold, loads of lemon or lime and vodka.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Gandalf1986

A quick poll:

shall I get an espresso or a cup of Earl Grey today? :wink:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

kaide

tea? not my cup of tea

Wickerman

Couldn't survive without it (and that's not an over-statement).  Kaide, we seem to have the same avatar... obviously people of good taste!

Geetar

I should also mention Genmaicha. Lovely stuff, delicate and refreshing. Don't overbrew it.
This space for sale.

MS Paragon GT

huge tea drinker here.

A personal favorite is Red Diamond Iced Tea

-Art
"Life is never like a cup of tea and a sit down, it\'s always \'SH*T, Drop the tea, RUN!\'"
                                                                                        -Jem Godfrey

wickedwitch

teawise, beano got me into Yorkshire tea!
Generally though i'm a coffee person.

We have a stack of 'posh' teas from whittard that i bought his dibs for christmas last year. They are in huge test tube type things in a big wooden box. Wierd and wonderful shaped teas!

we often have Lapsang in the mornings (from Fortnum and Mason!).

Brom

Glengettie is my my normal brew, which I used to import from Wales but Tesco now stock it!  :) or Twinings 1706
. I like a nice strong brew... can't abide PG Tips and the like.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mikey

In Cold War documents just released from the National Archive it transpires that those tasked with planning and forecasting for aftermath of an all out nuclear strike on 1950s Britain were concerned about the lack of tea. Whitehall officials thought that on the whole the UK agency for the stockpiling and distribution of food could ''with difficulty" cope "with a few A Bombs".
However, the detailed projections for the supply of tea were for disturbingly low levels of only one ounce per person per week. Half of the WWII ration and only a quarter of the amount considered as normal. Tea was seen as a vital morale boosting aid to the nation, and its no surprise the planners were still preoccupied with it only ten years after the end of WWII. At the start of WWI when supply ships were sunk by U Boats the government took it upon itself to ensure the nations tea supply taking over its importation and controlling its price. Just two days after WWII broke out the government ordered all tea stocks to be dispersed from London to safer warehouses out side of the capital in case of bombing. Those who had particularly thirsty jobs crucial to the war effort such as steel workers or firemen got a bigger ration.
I used to have a signature

Geetar

Jon Anderson: "Without tea, you cannot start the day."
This space for sale.