I hate you, Jem. I hate you, Jordan.

Started by SerFox, April 29, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Last night my phone got destroyed. Someone spilt water all over it, and it being a Blackberry, didn't like it. Now when I press the space bar it types Yu and when I press the BACK key it types LIZG. Fun times.

So why do I hate Jem and why do I hate Jordan?

I saw the frostfest video of Jem playing with Jr's iPhone. I went to the phone shop to get a new thing, didnt want a blackberry (They're utter tosh anyway) and...

Yes.

Yes I did.

I have completed the cycle of apple fanboyness.

Achievement unlocked: pretentious git.

Trapezium Artist

Welcome to the cult. You will soon overcome any sense of buyer's remorse. You will soon see the clear slopes of the promised land ahead of you.

Relax; we are your friends. Would you like me to tell you about Apple's vision for your future?

(Only mild irony intended: I have been one of Steve's People for seven years and am blissfully happy. Last trip I took to California, I drove around Infinite Loop in my rental car. Twice, even though that is apparently mathematically impossible.)

(Damn, there is no smiley for Cult of Mac. Oh, yes there is, at least on a Mac: ? !!!)

MikeEvs

I've spent most of the morning wresting with a mac book sorry I just can't get the hang of it after years of PC usage, maybe it was the application I was using or maybe I'm just allergic to all things mac (I had two I-pod's break) luckily the mac is not mine and will be returned to it's owner later

SerFox

It took me weeks to learn how to use this mac and im probably still doing it wrong.

I was sick fed up of my Blackberry anyway, it was rubbishhhh

RacingHippo

I work with BlackBerrys all the time. Design and write apps for them.

In the light of my experience, it is my considered opinion that you should have got an Android phone!!!
* May contain nuts.

SerFox

I tried the android, didnt much like it.

besides I needed a new phone since my Blackberry was a write off x.x

Trapezium Artist

If it makes you feel any better, SerFox, I had a quick look at the iTunes App Store this afternoon to see if I could spot any of the iPhone synth apps that Jordan Rudess was showing off to Jem on the fRosTfest video on TVFTC.

I didn't get very far; I stopped at the Jasuto modular synthesiser which has garnered some very positive reviews in the few weeks it's been available, paid the grand sum of 59p for it, and have been very happily wasting time this Wednesday afternoon mucking around with it making some wonderful noises. Brilliant and really goes to show what a paradigm shifter the iPhone has become (yes, I have a few Apple shares; what a fanboi  :D )

But I still want to know which apps Jordan was using ...  ;)

Pedro

The first was called Looptastic and it comes in various flavours for the princely sum of £2.99 each!
The other is WiVi Band also at £2.99.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"The first was called Looptastic and it comes in various flavours for the princely sum of £2.99 each!

Thanks, Pedro.

I'm not that thrilled by the prospect of Looptastic any more after having watched the video, given my musical predilections: bit too boom-chick-boom-chick housey ... Doesn't look like you can load your own samples, so perhaps a bit limited (although YMMV).

Wivi Band, on the other hand, combining very good modelled instruments, a brilliant interface, and the drop-dead stunning idea of using the iPhone mic, is fabulous. Something from completely out of left field ... Do watch the linked video in HD all the way to the end.

Of course, it's much more demanding on being actually able to play an instrument, I'd imagine, although I was heartened by Jordan's comment that he played clarinet and hated it before giving it up a week later; more or less exactly my experience with the same instrument, which led to my never learning to play anything, much to my present-day regret. (I'm completely jealous of my kids who're soaring away learning the piano in no time).

Oh, and it'd help if I had an iPhone instead of an iPod Touch which lacks the, err, mic  :(

So, it's Jasunto for me for a while: if you like modular synth noise-making, it's brilliant too, requires no technique (I thank you), and is as cheap as chips. Result.

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"The first was called Looptastic and it comes in various flavours for the princely sum of £2.99 each!
HEY! You're not even on Mac, are you?! Let them finger it out themselves!  :lol:

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RWA"
HEY! You're not even on Mac, are you?! Let them finger it out themselves!  :lol:

them? them?!? I'll have you know, we must at least be capitalised as Them, if not explicitly referred to as The Cult of Mac.

You are though correct in referring to us in the collective rather than the individual, despite the mantra that we Think Different.

Sheesh - pceers ...  :D

Equinox

awwwww man those ap's are well gid!!!!!

lovin it!!!

SerFox

You know you've wasted too much time when you've ran out of battery on the first day of using the thing after a full charge  :roll:

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "SerFox"You know you've wasted too much time when you've ran out of battery on the first day of using the thing after a full charge  :roll:

Err, yes, not the strongest point of the iPhone / iPod Touch, at least not when running daftly cpu-intensive apps like music synths and games: my seven-year old can kill the battery in one sitting of the highly infectious JellyCar. As an iPod, it lasts foreverrrrrrrr though ...  :D

SerFox

Give me a ginourmous amount of quality apps to get. :D