Main Menu

RoSfest reviews

Started by ich_bin_besser, May 03, 2009, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ich_bin_besser

Just read in the chat of an internet radio show ( http://www.thedividingline.com/up.html ) that the guys ruled! Too bad I'm too stupid to copy the chatlog...  :evil:
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

dtjoez

they ruled, no argument there. i,ll post some pics and videos when i get out of this airport and make it home in 14 hrs or so.
Awesome. Indeed.

Mirror

:shock: <---this is what my eyes look like...it was that good!

I live in NJ, so it was a measly 185 mile journey to and fro, and there was no way I was going to pass up the chance to see this show!  There were too many amazing moments to even get into...the new song (name escapes me due to tiredness,) the band member theme songs which made me nearly pee my pants, Nick filling in and making it sound like they played together for years, Snowman 3.0 (still trying to figure out how Jem cloned himself, well done, mate!)

Beyond the music itself, I just need to say it.  It is AWESOME to see gifted musicians having a good time.  There was just a feeling of down to Earthness, if that's a word.  Bravo to Frost, and the faithful fans I was lucky enough to meet :)  I recognized Rogerg from the avatar, so I had to say hi lol :p  And, a huge thank you to Gr8gonzo for taking pics with my phone!  You did a great job, I'm sorry my goofy phone had horrible focus issues.  I don't have Photoshop or anything on this PC, so I will have to share a couple semi-fuzzy-shiny-eyed pics.  Hopefully I can make them a little nicer in a few days - but I have a funny feeling we'll have more picture goodness to come!

I'm not sure if there is a way to hide the images here to save your screens from exploding, so I'm just going to plop them in...enjoy!

Yes, they tore the roof off the place!

Me and NDV (I'm taller than him, but his hair makes us even)

I apologize again for the quality...but here's Frost, and Frosties!

Just a couple with me, pretty much baffled by the whole thing...I do believe Sir Jem was going for the "Epic pointing pose" on these

That's about it for now till I clean up the images - Hope all have a safe trip home!
THUNDERFROG! [size=50]tiny frog[/size]....thunder billows from your head!

RWA

Good to hear you guys had such a great time!  :D
So Frost* nailed it again. Like... doh!  8-)

Hope to see more pics soon.

tomskerous

That's just so brilliant to hear.

Thanks for the blurry photos as a little teaser for the stories to come.

Right everyone, we need drinking tales and pronto. And did you manage to find a curry house?
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Brom

Wonderful!!! Glad you got a get-together afterwards.  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Great to hear it went well.
Thanks for posting the photos - looking forward to more.
Is that a projection screen on the stage?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Geetar

And what was the sound like there? Full reports on performance, sonics, who did what brilliant thing etc. required.....
This space for sale.

tomskerous

Never has a five-hour time difference felt so long...

Come on people, where are the tweets, photos, reviews, illicit youtube clips?
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Mirror

Sadly I refuse to tweet, I leave that to the birds :(

I won't go too much into the mix - I thought it was fine..Nick's vox was a bit low at times, one of Jem's boards was a little low, but that is like me peeing on a Picasso!  Honestly iI can't knock anything from that set, it was simply brilliant.  I really want to see that Snowman 3.0 rendition again...no spoilers!

I don't want to be that "jerk guy" who posts too much - all I can say is the DVD is going to be amazing, and I count myself as blessed for being there.  Magic.  That is the one word to describe it.  Magic.

ps...I did yelll "You'r a lion!!" at some point - noone seemed to get the obscure reference.  Hopefully the faithful got the joke lol  :lol:

Mirmir
THUNDERFROG! [size=50]tiny frog[/size]....thunder billows from your head!

Pedro

Quote from: "Mirror"I don't want to be that "jerk guy" who posts too much....
That's ok, I don't want to be me sometimes either!  ;)

Seriously, you have miles to go before "too much" and you have details that we-who-could-not-be-there would really like to hear.
Ok, "no spoilers" is a good idea so if Snowman has been revamped for example, some of us (but not all) might get to hear it at the DT shows. However, telling us what they played, funny things that happened, (what did you think of the intro music?), crowd reactions, etc. etc. are not spoilers. Remember that there aren't any further headline shows planned that I know about so you won't be spoiling very much IMHO. Your choice, of course.
Then again, perhaps I am just not used to being on the wrong side of the pond and dependent on the donations of others for information!  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

ChrisX

Quote from: "Mirror"Nick's vox was a bit low at times

This is an interesting tidbit of info. So, he not worked up the pretty tough drumparts BUT also helped on backing vocals? I already knew he was very talented (just listen to the early Spock's Beard records and I respect him very much for delivering the baby Kevin Gilbert couldn't i.e. Shaming Of The True) but man, this guy is just too talented.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

turbo

Come on boys dont keep it all to yourselves, spread a little joy and give us poor brits the low down,what did they play etc im sooo jealous.  :mrgreen:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

SerFox

It was absolutely incredible, it was a magnificent sight, once in a lifetime!

What are we talking about?

leelustig

the show was unbelievable, I really don't know where to even start. And the guys were awesome to hang with, of course. We even heard a new song that blew me out of the fuckin water!

BTW from where I was sitting Nick's vox sounded awesome. They were perfectly loud. In fact his vocals in general were very tight. He was overall an awesome addition to the band and he even blew them away.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere