Main Menu

RoSfest reviews

Started by ich_bin_besser, May 03, 2009, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Quote from: "Over on the Touchstone forum the mighty Landslug"I have a front row center seat, and I'll be posting phone cam pics during the set on my facebook page

Mike's Facebook photos

(There's a few of Frost* too.. but please ignore the other oddball uploads!)

Let's ROCK!
Full marks to Sir Slug of the Land for sharing.  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

XeRocks81

Quote from: "ChrisX"
Quote from: "Mirror"Nick's vox was a bit low at times

This is an interesting tidbit of info. So, he not worked up the pretty tough drumparts BUT also helped on backing vocals? I already knew he was very talented (just listen to the early Spock's Beard records and I respect him very much for delivering the baby Kevin Gilbert couldn't i.e. Shaming Of The True) but man, this guy is just too talented.

You do know he's the lead singer of Spock's Beard now right?

Geetar

Frostbeard.... now there's a supergroup.

Thanks to all so far for the news and photos: do keep them coming. It was a wrench to miss this one, and it all helps.
This space for sale.

Mirror

This is an interesting tidbit of info. So, he not worked up the pretty tough drumparts BUT also helped on backing vocals? I already knew he was very talented (just listen to the early Spock's Beard records and I respect him very much for delivering the baby Kevin Gilbert couldn't i.e. Shaming Of The True) but man, this guy is just too talented.

If talent were people, Nick would be China.  Actually that's one of the things I was thinking about watching that show - that could have been simply the most talented group I've ever seen!

As to the low vox thingie, it might have just been where I was, I wasn't knocking anything at all :)  I think he might have been going falsetto instead of belting some of the harmonies out, maybe that's what I heard.  I've probably just been listening to too much Rewiring Genesis  :)

...and I'm still cracking up thinking about those band member intros!
THUNDERFROG! [size=50]tiny frog[/size]....thunder billows from your head!

ChrisX

Quote from: "XeRocks81"

You do know he's the lead singer of Spock's Beard now right?

Yep, I know but to me every SB album from Feeling Euphoria has been quite dissappointing. Matter of fact, SB post V has been uninteresting to me.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

szabiakanich

Hyperventilate form said event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaGMJc8DpF0

Thanks to zedsdead from the mp.com forum for taping and sharing. Awesome stuff.

catherine

Black Light Machine and Wonderland are up there as well!
Storming performances for all three. Lovely stuff!

Pedro

Stunning work - thanks to all.

Seems the rear screen was used for a mix of close-up video of the band and some other material too. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Marvellon!  :D

MikeEvs

Thanks for the links looks like the boys nailed it  ;)

Brom

Hyperventilate!!! Have the boys ever played tighter?!!! fanbloomintastic.  :D

With due respect to Andy.... this is I'm sure all due to a bit more time for rehersal.

RAWK!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

I just got home and am completely exhausted, so I'll have to save my full comments and photos for later, but for now I give you - The Set List:

Hyperventilate
The Forget You Song
Wonderland
Falling Down (omfg)
Black Light Machine
EIMA
Snowman 3.0 (or is it 4 by now?)
No Me No You
Pocket Sun
Saline
Band Intros  :mrgreen:
Dear Dead Days
Milliontown

Encore:
The Other Me

So, "Toys" was absent, but I'm pretty sure I can still hear Dec's sigh of relief and, honestly, I can't see anyone complaining about it with that brilliant 2 hour performance.

Hats off to Mr. Nick "Duh"Virgilio for taking just two days of full band practice and playing Frost* like a friggin' beast.  Be glad, oh so glad, that this was recorded for posterity.  Amazing.

More later.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

catherine

Thanks, gr8gonzo.

I hardly dare ask - but the question that I think will be on everyone's lips is: did the drummer play the oboe solo in Milliontown?

Pedro

That is indeed a question that needs answering....another is, how cool is it that there was new stuff - TFYS, FD, S(v3), DDD?
I wonder how much can we hope to see in the DT support slot?

sigod

Fantastic to see so many good reactions to the band. Frost have it all; great songs, great musicians and ten legs between then. Well done bruv and the chaps.

niknuk32

the show was fantastic...  but quick question how would i be able to obtain one of those frostfest 09 t-shirts. i want somewhat of a  token to remeber the show by.