Main Menu

RoSfest reviews

Started by ich_bin_besser, May 03, 2009, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisX

Quote from: "niknuk32"the show was fantastic...  but quick question how would i be able to obtain one of those frostfest 09 t-shirts. i want somewhat of a  token to remeber the show by.

Euh... you should have bought it there i guess?
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "catherine"Thanks, gr8gonzo.

I hardly dare ask - but the question that I think will be on everyone's lips is: did the drummer play the oboe solo in Milliontown?

Nick did indeed play the oboe solo and it was flawless.  Needless to say, it was great to hear TFYS and Nick provided more than a little support on vocals throughout the set.  Falling Down was a bit of a standout, as there are so many overlapping vocal parts, and the guys really delivered.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mirror

Quote from: "catherine"Thanks, gr8gonzo.

I hardly dare ask - but the question that I think will be on everyone's lips is: did the drummer play the oboe solo in Milliontown?

Yes!  I was rather funny too, Nick came over, played the little bit, and gave Sir Jem of Godfrey a big old hug :)  It was one of the many really cool moments of the gig, and like gr8gonzo said, thank goodness it was recorded for posterity!

I'm looking around youtube for those damn damn member intros - honestly I never laughed that much at a non-comedy show!
THUNDERFROG! [size=50]tiny frog[/size]....thunder billows from your head!

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "ChrisX"
Quote from: "niknuk32"the show was fantastic...  but quick question how would i be able to obtain one of those frostfest 09 t-shirts. i want somewhat of a  token to remeber the show by.

Sadly, there was not enough Frost* merchandise to go around.  The guys running the table literally sold the shirts off their backs.  There was not a spare thread of Frost* tee to be had.

And, Mirror - What gave you the impression it was anything but a comedy show?  :D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mirror

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"And, Mirror - What gave you the impression it was anything but a comedy show?  :D

Lol, you have a good point there, sir!  I guess that is part of the whole Frost appeal - Its kind of like Monty Python's Flying Musicians :)

I need to stop posting, I rather enjoy being a crumb :o
THUNDERFROG! [size=50]tiny frog[/size]....thunder billows from your head!

tomskerous

So come on then, the member intros? What happened?

I've just shared with the class over in the 'Toys' section...
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Mouse

Has anyone read the comments on the Hyperventilate video? "The Tony Levin Doppelganger has a MASSIVE groove face going!" HA!  :lol:

I bet JJ would love that!

leelustig

Nick's vocals were perfect IMO. Especially in Falling Down the part that repeats 'falling down, falling down'. He was solid, and Jem with the lead vocals was just as awesome. Even though they said that was the hardest song to nail, it was the most mindblowing because of that.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

kyuwert

Fffffcking awesome. We drove 7 hours just to see you guys, and it was so worth it. (I was the one with the 'bootleg' asterisk t-shirt design... ;))

Jem's solo was incredible. I cannot wait to hear this stuff again... CD, dvd, youtube, don't care. Didn't get a shirt, but that's ok. Didn't get to drink with the boys or get a picture with them :( but maybe next time.

XeRocks81

Quote from: "XeRocks81"
Quote from: "Mirror"Nick's vox was a bit low at times

This is an interesting tidbit of info. So, he not worked up the pretty tough drumparts BUT also helped on backing vocals? I already knew he was very talented (just listen to the early Spock's Beard records and I respect him very much for delivering the baby Kevin Gilbert couldn't i.e. Shaming Of The True) but man, this guy is just too talented.

You do know he's the lead singer of Spock's Beard now right?

Yep, I know but to me every SB album from Feeling Euphoria has been quite dissappointing. Matter of fact, SB post V has been uninteresting to me.

Alright but your post sounded like you were surprised he could sing so well that's all.

rogerg

we're home and exhausted, but I can die a very happy man, now!  what an awesome, amazing show, and most wonderful people too!  great to meet everyone, an wow, the boys just couldn't be stopped.  all I could ever dream of and more.

thanks to all who made it a weekend to remember!

pictures and reminisces tomorrow!!

or is that today?....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dtjoez

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"

Sadly, there was not enough Frost* merchandise to go around.  The guys running the table literally sold the shirts off their backs.  There was not a spare thread of Frost* tee to be had.

And, Mirror - What gave you the impression it was anything but a comedy show?  :D

Today i wore the shirt i bought from that guy. I have to say, it was an amazing show.
Now, only if my phone could load the videos and my friend would email the pics :(
Awesome. Indeed.

dtjoez

this are the few pics i got, still trying to convert the videos
Awesome. Indeed.

dtjoez

sorry for the over sized pics
Awesome. Indeed.

Pedro

Thanks for sharing them. :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"