Funny quote from Jem's day job

Started by Trapezium Artist, May 04, 2009, 07:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

A little idle googling led me to the following rather amusing quote from Jem (for unless I am very much mistaken and have been led up the garden path, 'tis he) re: the instrumentation he used on one of his recent day jobs:

//http://radiojingles.co.nr.freehostia.com/radio/2009/02/11/new-jingles-for-pirate-radio-show/#more-528

(follow the link for sound samples)

QuotePirate Johnnie Walker is a new weekly show for BBC Radio 2.

The show is set on a fictitious pirate vessel named the Rock 'N' Roll, sailing somewhere in the North Sea (although Johnnie is actually sitting in a comfortable Radio 2 studio on dry land!).

Playing hits from 1955 to 1975 – much of it on the original vinyl - Pirate Johnnie Walker transports Radio 2 listeners back to the days of pirate radio in the '60s and '70s...

Wise Buddah Jingles & Music Imaging were commissioned to provide the jingles for the show in the style and the sound of the late 60's. Producer/composer Jem Godfrey approached the challenge by initially studying the production components of that era.

"Creating a vintage sound on modern day equipment is always going to be a challenge to say the least. But we got there with a combination of vocoders through old Fender amps, a clapped out spring reverb, the ever present 6th harmony, a Mellotron and even digitally created tape hiss – the irony! But it was a ton of fun. Now can I shave these sideburns off please?".

A what, Jem? A what?!  :shock: Is this a hint as to how Frost*3 will radically depart from EIMA?    ;)

MikeEvs

From there followed a link to the wise buddah website clicked on the talent section and one of the women listed was in my school a few years below me but we were friends due to her rugby connections her Dad is a former Neath, Wales and British Lion and her husband plays for the Scarlets and Ireland

keithd

Quote from: "MikeEvs"From there followed a link to the wise buddah website clicked on the talent section and one of the women listed was in my school a few years below me but we were friends due to her rugby connections her Dad is a former Neath, Wales and British Lion and her husband plays for the Scarlets and Ireland

Let me guess...Simon Easterby :?:
My Hovercraft is full of eels

MikeEvs

Quote from: "keithd"
Quote from: "MikeEvs"From there followed a link to the wise buddah website clicked on the talent section and one of the women listed was in my school a few years below me but we were friends due to her rugby connections her Dad is a former Neath, Wales and British Lion and her husband plays for the Scarlets and Ireland

You would be correct, nice bloke he is too (despite who he plays for) but then I'd probably say that about anyone who buys me a pint :lol:

keithd

Quote from: "MikeEvs"
Quote from: "keithd"

You would be correct, nice bloke he is too (despite who he plays for) but then I'd probably say that about anyone who buys me a pint :lol:

So what's wrong with Ireland then  ;)
My Hovercraft is full of eels