RoSFest Intro now up on Last.FM

Started by tomskerous, May 03, 2009, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Quote from: "ich_bin_besser"
Quote from: "Mouse"I couldn't work out how to get the site to play it, so I just downloaded it instead.

How can I download the 2 intros?

The RosFest one on this page appears to have a download link next to it.
Don't know about the other one....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

"Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted." -- Fred Allen
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "ich_bin_besser"
Quote from: "Mouse"I couldn't work out how to get the site to play it, so I just downloaded it instead.

How can I download the 2 intros?

The RosFest one on this page appears to have a download link next to it.
Don't know about the other one....

The BOTY one is in the TOYS section.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

rogerg

now we need the little bits when he introduced the band!

Nick said, "My own band doesn't even give me a song!"

Trapezium Artist

Oh, for gawd's sake, will you just stop making us all feel so bloody inadequate, Mr Godfrey? Next thing you'll tell us is that you knocked that off between passport control and customs on arrival in Amerikky.

But as I was listening, I had an itchy feeling I'd heard something like it before, marching feet against massed strings, archly plummy English vocals, and especially the rise and fall phrasing of the line "where it always raaaaaaaiiins" ...

Ah ha! Anyone else own The Enid's "In the Region of the Summer Stars (1984)"? I'm sure there's a tune on there Jem's intro reminds me of: will have to check at home this evening.

[Oops: edit: must be "Raindown" off "Something Wicked This Way Comes", but which contains at least one re-played track from "In the Region ... (1984)".]

Of course, it only goes to also remind me of a certain shared surname I've always been very suspicious about ... albeit it's very (very) unlikely ... :D

(And bloody hell, a wee google reveals that The Enid have a new album out and are playing three gigs this month: anyone going? I saw them once half a bazillion years ago and thought they were jolly good, even if mightily bombastic).

Pedro

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"@TA: Check this thread.  :)

Thanks, Pedro: must've missed that one.

So what do you reckon re: the Rosfest intro being related at one remove to Raindown?  :D

RWA

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"And I know a Small Boy who'll love it, too, and I suspect will soon (try to) sing "W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L Frooooooooost!" at every opportunity :D
LOL
Try as I might, it deffo sounds more like "W-O-N-D-R-E-F-U-L" to my old ears. Like a delicious theatre->theater exchange-rate thing! :D

Your "old ears" are completely right.
The subtlety missed me first time around; as with so many Frost* lyrics, there's always a bit you don't get until you've listened a few times :D
* May contain nuts.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RacingHippo"[Your "old ears" are completely right.
The subtlety missed me first time around; as with so many Frost* lyrics, there's always a bit you don't get until you've listened a few times :D

I wasn't at all sure even after listening several times: weird how the brain works ... but slow it down to 70% speed and it's obvious ...  :D

Pedro

LOL
Jem's genius transcends any old-ear-age....

Sean

WOW hear that has made my day. Jem is never one for being normal,  :lol:
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

weezul

no freakin way haha! That must have been absolutely hilarious, I could picture them all walking on in time to the music, piuor gald man

ich_bin_besser

Are the band members intros captured on video anywhere?
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Pedro

Yes, but not with good sound. You can watch it on YouTube but it's just a lot of arm-waving and stuff. I think there are moves afoot to try to sort it out but I don't know how it's going.