I'm just like a bloody tourist in my own country.

Started by Bokkie, May 05, 2009, 11:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokkie

Please hit me with a wooden shoe :)

But i had to take this picture.

If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Bokkie"Please hit me with a wooden shoe :)

But i had to take this picture.

Very nice, Bokkie ... I'll show my kids, because we're moving to your part of the world this summer to live.

First thing we'll do is buy some wooden shoes, I'm sure  :D

Bokkie

Thanks.

I will be ready with tea and biscuits. :)

I can recommend this pair to  miss Artist  :lol:

ChrisX

I can see why you took that picture.... I just love our dramatic skies. Did some hiking this afternoon in the countryside around the village I live and it was pretty windy so lots of clouds racing by.... loved it.... and no rain whatsoever  :shock:
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Ash

Ash
xxx

Pedro

Super picture, tons of drama, text book composition....love it.
Some timelapse on a scene like that would be stunning, wouldn't it?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

it's a great pic, and if I were any good at photoshop,  I would add a spoke to that windmill....

Pedro

Quote from: "rogerg"it's a great pic, and if I were any good at photoshop,  I would add a spoke to that windmill....
....worth trying....even if it's in vane?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

That is indeed a lovely picture. Do you often get skies like that?

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"That is indeed a lovely picture. Do you often get skies like that?

As often as you open Photoshop maybe?  ;)  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

Wow!  Very nice pic.  I'm afraid I have a strong distaste for windmills, though.  In fact, I find them this gust thing. :roll:
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pajter

I don't see that many skies here in the Netherlands. Then again, I live in the south... The weather here is pretty good overall. ^_^

Great picture though. :D

Bokkie

Thanks all, and yes we have skies like that very often, but with  single shot photography you wouldn't get this kind of shot. This is a technique called HDR (high dynamic range). You can do it with every camera that allows you to change the exposure value. And you need a tripod as well. You make three pictures 1)normal exposure 2)underexposed 2 stops 3)overexposed 2 stops. Put them in a program like Photomatix who will align the shots for you.
Quote from: "rogerg"it's a great pic, and if I were any good at photoshop,  I would add a spoke to that windmill....
I never thought of that. Indeed it is worth a try.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Bokkie"Thanks.

I will be ready with tea and biscuits. :)

I can recommend this pair to  miss Artist  :lol:

Tea and biscuits? Thanks, Bokkie: a home away from home ...  :D  

I have to say that I'm quite happy about moving to a location within about 10km of Zoetermeer; a somewhat closer prog venue than The Peel currently is for me in London, and a sort-of promise of a future Frost* gig there to boot.

Now if you could only arrange for a little more, err, topography in the Netherlands before we arrive, that'd be appreciated. Methinks (in fact, meknows) I'm going to miss hills  :(

Makes for easier cycling though, that's for sure  ;)

Bokkie

You lucky man! You can see Frost and drink a view pints, and than walk home.
And yep, it's all flat here, accept for an occasional hill (butter hill, cow scat hill) :lol: .

I wish i could do something about that myself. After being to Norway i can appreciate one or two hills meself.

I found a nice site of 360 degrees photography, so you can get used to the flatness of our country . :)
//http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.footootjes.nl/Panoramas_Netherlands/Panoramas/20080506_Drielandenpunt_800x365SS_sh0.5-50_ACEnnb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.footootjes.nl/Panoramas_Netherlands/Panoramas_Netherlands.html&usg=__3zpOR6YU-G4L6CDt4sIPzi6IpdE=&h=365&w=800&sz=75&hl=nl&start=30&um=1&tbnid=1tW370IGDFguZM:&tbnh=65&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvaalserberg%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Dnl%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dcom.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial%26hs%3Dnkl%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1