Main Menu

Update

Started by Jem, May 11, 2009, 10:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Well, the live album is about 50% finished and sounding jolly good I must say considering it's my first attempt at a live album. There's about 1 hour 45 of material -

Intro
Hyperventilate
The Forget You Song
Falling Down
EIMA
Black Light Machine
Milliontown
Saline
No Me No You
Snowman
The Other Me
Pocket Sun
Wonderland
Dear Dead Days

Obviously only so much of this will fit on a CD so there'll be a limited edition CD for sale at the Dream Theater gigs much like we did with Spock's last year that will have the tracks that don't get on the main live album plus hopefully a couple of other goodies if there's time.

The main CD will also have a 45 minute Frost report on an accompanying DVD. There'll also be 4, possibly 5 extra Frost B-sides like The Forget You Song, 1976, New World and so on and will be available from Inside Out and all the usual places.

So all in all, it should be a properly Frosty summer! :D

Night all.

Pajter

Woah a summer release? That is just too good to be true!

Thanks Jem! :D

Pedro

Whoa! There will be buying!!  :D

Thanks for doing all this. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Sir, we salute you as we lick our lips. In some countries, that would be taken quite the wrong way.

But, may I humbly suggest a double live CD album rather than the split release? I mean, some folk won't be able to make it to the summer DT gigs, plus one continuous set together seems altogether more satisfying ...

I'd buy it in a flash, double-CD and DVD, honest injun.

Pedro

I think it might be safe to assume that there will be disks available after the shows, as happened last time.
However, my first thought was "ooh a double" and I know I won't be able to resist buying any or all versions/formats!  :)

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"I think it might be safe to assume that there will be disks available after the shows, as happened last time.
However, my first thought was "ooh a double" and I know I won't be able to resist buying any or all versions/formats!  :)

You're probably right, Pedro; I'm just being impatient ...  :D

On the other hand, waiting could be seen as Epicurean kinetic pleasure, which under some intepretations, my good friend Mr Google assures me, can be seen as experiencing pleasure and pain simultaneously.

Indeed, there's a suggested name and philosophical avenue for Frost*3: Epicurean Kinetic Pleasure ... hmmm, p'raps a somewhat limited market for that ...  ;)

Neilgwhite

I've got it, picture this:

A 3D telephone box with a hinged door with a double CD and DVD inside, also a likkle shelf that you can put a real mobile phone inside, or even.............. yep, a pack of fig biscuits!!!  we could have them all over the world on frostie* sideboards, they'll become collectors items and be worth a fortune in years to come.

I'm excited now, he he ha ha, I can feel a prototype coming. I'll post it once it's done, i'll let you have the rights Jem, a great idea shared is a gift to humanity.
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Epicurean kinetic pleasure
...sounds more like pickle abuse to me.... :shock:  ;)

catherine

That's just kinky, Pedro!

Mouse

Yum! Can't wait for the Leeds gig - more so now!  :D

I hope the Lt. Ed. CD only comes with one cover this time. I got a bit too obsessed with getting "the right one" last year.

A thought - a download release does not need to be confined to the running time of a CD. Couldn't the tracks that are going to be left off of the CD be included on a download release to create a complete show? Priced accordingly to account for the extra tracks, of course.

I hope Jem doesn't throw stale cakes at me for trying to add to his workload...  :(

Geetar

Quote from: "Pedro"

You're lucky, Pedders. i had visions of  Clive Barker's little delight "Hellraiser" when TA wrote that.

Mind you, in my case, I suspect it's nothing that twenty or so years in a teaching hospital under a decent team of psychiatrists couldn't sort out.
This space for sale.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Geetar"
Quote from: "Pedro"

You're lucky, Pedders. i had visions of  Clive Barker's little delight "Hellraiser" when TA wrote that.

Mind you, in my case, I suspect it's nothing that twenty or so years in a teaching hospital under a decent team of psychiatrists couldn't sort out.

Hmmm, three words, many more interpretations: pleased to be of provocation  :D

Pajter

Whichever way Jem decides to release this show, I'll buy.

A whole package would be awesome, but come on. He's working so hard already.  :shock:

I sure hope there will be "tour" cd's left after the gigs. I would really love to get one, to complete the whole show/experience.

rogerg

yay!

one of each for me, please.