Main Menu

All Change

Started by Jem, May 20, 2009, 10:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

OHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!

I always thought of JJ being the Ambassador of Frost* 'cos everytime I've seen them or IQ he's always been so welcoming and friendly, coming over to say 'hi' and always very giving of his time. Not that the other guys weren't you understand, just that I think  JJ was usually at gigs a bit earlier than the rest of the band to sort out the merch etc and didn't seem to be in a rush getting gear on stage or limbering up for the performance.

A top, top bloke and I'll miss his energy, power and professionalism on the Frost* stage.

Good luck John !

TonyB

I can only concur with the fellow Frost*ies..

It's a grand shame to see JJ departing :(
He shall be missed I'm sure!

We wish him all the very best for the future :)
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"

ChrisX

Interesting thought occurs: with the addition of Nathan King we now have at least 4 people in the band who can play guitar: Nathan, John M., Dec and Jem. And if TBE was / is still in the band that makes 5 !! :shock:
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

wickedwitch

sorry to hear about JJ leaving. I'm sure most of us will see him in one of his other incarnations though.   x

Tricky

Arse!
That's really unfortunate news.  
But change can be good, so we can but hope that the "new boy" makes good  :)
Who's going to sell us merchandise in future?  TLD?

Best of luck to JJ in his new ventures
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Mordwin

Bums :(

Still, all the best JJ, it's been a pleasure, and I wish you all the best in future projects...

(IQ album also arrived today... well... it's at the post office anyway, they gave me a nice little card instead :p)

Ivor

Bloody hell... talk 'bout being out of the loop. (me, that is)

All the best JJ, and tnx for the subsonics! :mrgreen:

I reckon this'll be the way of things with Frost*, if oi may be so bold. A slew of worthy musicoids, having the beejayzus dragged out of 'em by Jem, and every line-up a veritable buffet of musical delights.

OK, boozy warblings aside... if Jem continues along this path of gathering funky blokeys together to bring us some wondrous vibes, regardless of who's involved, all strength to him/them. So far it's been fookin' marvlus, and long may it continue. I lurve this dynamism. I only wish me ol' mate Billy was here to see/hear it, but that's another matter.

Ash

Ash
xxx

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"As I was reading the thread through, IQ's Frequency was being played for the first time since it dropped out of the mailbox yesterday: excellent job Baron JJJ and his highly-intelligent mates (title track is as jaw-dropping in its studio form as the live version is on the IQ website).

Huh, Trapezium Artist, that's SO unfair, what have you got that I haven't (apart from a copy of Frequency, obviously) - I've been waiting desperately for mine to arrive, but no joy as yet.

landslug

This is sad news indeed   :(
I wish everyone here could have seen & heard that amazing performance at Rosfest as it happened. The energy level was the most intense I'd ever witnessed in 3 years of attending, due in no small part to JJJ's ability to drive the rhythm section without taking it over.

Good luck JJ in whatever you do, and hopefully we'll get another Rosfest foto op   :D

drblowthingsup

aw NO full on gutted. i had a custard cream with his name on it too.
although on the other hand i get to fish my andy edwards cream out of the bin for renewed useage! such mixed emotions. i feel like a confused child. however i must admire how much you seem to take all this techincality mumbo jumbo in your stride, mr jem sir. :)

EVP

Well well! I didn't see this one coming. Another reason to bemoan my absence from
the Rosfest show, I never got to see you play live with the band JJ! Never the less
life will go on as it does and there will be many more happy good Frost times ahead.
You will be missed sir! I bid you good luck with everything inside and outside of
of your musical endeavors.

It seems to be kind of the way the Frost family is changing. At the very least it will
keep things interesting along the way to have other peeps bringing their style
to the Frost* sound.  Jem, you have a good eye's and ear's and if Mr. King is a
temporary fill in, I'm sure you'll find someone proper to fill the job dear sir.

"Forward we march!...."

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "drblowthingsup"i get to fish my andy edwards cream out of the bin for renewed useage!

:shock:
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Fogeyspasm

That is indeed a disturbing post! :shock:
All the best for the future in all you do JJ. Such a nice chap, hope we can find someone as talented and approachable too as your replacement.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

ecky p

Yes sad news indeed,all the best in your future project jj,and by the way you still owe me a pint.
But there\'s nothing more to say