Previous topic - Next topic

Nellie

Quote from: "landslug"

It's the Blue Man Band
 :lol:
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"As I was reading the thread through, IQ's Frequency was being played for the first time since it dropped out of the mailbox yesterday: excellent job Baron JJJ and his highly-intelligent mates (title track is as jaw-dropping in its studio form as the live version is on the IQ website).

Huh, Trapezium Artist, that's SO unfair, what have you got that I haven't (apart from a copy of Frequency, obviously) - I've been waiting desperately for mine to arrive, but no joy as yet.

Me's a most sorry ma'am ... but not so sorry that I haven't listened to it two or three times all the way through by now  :D

But I love your use of "SO unfair": just like my kids   :lol:  Indeed, in our house, we talk about the Unfair Parrot making a visit, since "Unfair!" is inevitably squawked in a sulky air of indignant self-righteousness (oh, and just for Roger : "cavity!").

Anyway, hopefully yours has arrived today: it's certainly growing on me listen-by-listen (apart from "Frequency" itself, which is not so much growing as absolutely insisting that it is the song of the year so far for me [he says slightly nervously, hurriedly recalling when EIMA was released   :shock: ]).

As for what I've got that you haven't, we'll have to get together and compare one day. Ahem.

D S

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I love your use of "SO unfair": just like my kids   :lol:  Indeed, in our house, we talk about the Unfair Parrot making a visit, since "Unfair!" is inevitably squawked in a sulky air of indignant self-righteousness.
Daughters of friends of ours frequently visit the Snot Fair, as in 'It snot fair'.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

XeRocks81

Goodbye JJ, best of luck in all your future projects  :)

I did have a small question for Jem, if the DVD project has been put on hold, could we still see the rest of your Rosfest footage in a future series of Frost* reports?  I do miss looking forward to those.

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Quote from: "Julie"So, following in the footsteps of our own Cosmic Lawnmower, another Islander gets to play with Frost*. Welcome to Nathan, and a very big welcome back to Andy.

Come on you Caulkheads!!

Very sorry to see JJ go, the man is a prog legend... but I guess when ya gotta go, ya gotta go  :(  
Nevertheless, I wish John every success with whatever he turns his hand to next... and don't forget if you need a singer..... !  :)

As Julie says welcome to Nathan and great to see Andy back on the drum stool.

drblowthingsup

Geetar

Or "throne", as my jazz friends seem to inexplicably prefer.

"Can he call you back? He's on the throne."
This space for sale.

HelenDo

Sad news indeed  :cry:

Hoping JJs next re-incarnation involves some lead vocals  :D

Helen xxx
Keep right on!

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Anyway, hopefully yours has arrived today: it's certainly growing on me listen-by-listen (apart from "Frequency" itself, which is not so much growing as absolutely insisting that it is the song of the year so far for me [he says slightly nervously, hurriedly recalling when EIMA was released   :shock: ]).

As for what I've got that you haven't, we'll have to get together and compare one day. Ahem.

Er... OK... (cough).

I've got Frequency now - it arrived this morning, so I'm not feeling life's QUITE so unfair today! Also picked up my copy of Classic Rock Prog vol2 mag, so actually life's pretty good. And Frequency is excellent - track 2, Life Support, is simply gorgeous.

Mickdoo22

Sad news.....as was the news of Andy's departure......but I have to be honest....as long as Frost carries on, it is what it is.  While Andy and Jon were a big part of the equation, Frost comes from Jem's brilliant mind, and along with John and Dec, he makes it work.
Onward and upward.

Cynthia's Mallet

Blimey, it's all happening!  Well, I think everything has been said, but good luck John, I'm sure we'll all be out supporting your new venture, such is the warm and fuzzy communal spirit of Frost*ies and proggers in general  :D

Looks like we might be sharing a ferry with Nathan - two Caulkheads play with Frost*, how cool is that?!!

"Anyone for croquet?..."

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"As for what I've got that you haven't, we'll have to get together and compare one day. Ahem.

Er... OK... (cough).

I've got Frequency now - it arrived this morning, so I'm not feeling life's QUITE so unfair today! Also picked up my copy of Classic Rock Prog vol2 mag, so actually life's pretty good. And Frequency is excellent - track 2, Life Support, is simply gorgeous.

Don't worry: Alzheimer's is your friend. I'll have forgotten our mutual promise to compare bits by tomorrow (unfortunately)  :D

As for Frequency, I agree: some great tracks throughout. Perhaps I just know the title track better though, 'cos it's still the one that brings goose-bumps. That said, I almost prefer the live version: there's a great moment right near the end where Peter Nicholls comes back in and throws a perfectly timed enthusiastic "Whoo!" instead of the normal lyric: I inevitably do it myself when listening to the studio version  :lol:

Philadelphia

Like everyone else I'm sad to see JJ go, with all he's contributed with to the band we all love. However, Frost* does more shape-shifting than Cher and that blue woman in X-Men, so this will surely work out!
And, really, if Frost* were a man his middle name would be "Change" so I'm convinced something great will come out of this too!
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mouse

I've also got Frequency now! I walked into my local HMV and the Deluxe Edition was sitting there. I was going to order it online later on, so it was quite a nice coincidence! I feel a bit bad after proper IQ fans have waited years for this, and are only just getting their pre-orders, and I jump the gun somewhat and just walk in and buy it. After hearing my first IQ song on the free CD with the new Prog mag, too. Nontheless, Ryker Skies kicks serious bottom and the album as a whole more so.  8-)

Speaking of that free CD, I haven't been able to stop listening to Gazpacho's Tick Tock (Part 3) either. Wonderful stuff!  :D

keithd

Gutted to hear this  :(  but best wishes JJ on your future projects. It was a pleasure to meet you at the various gigs :)
My Hovercraft is full of eels