Calling all the musicians!

Started by RobRideout, December 01, 2011, 04:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTBDude

Quote from: "RobRideout"Also, MTBDude, I'd love to have your drumming on Wake Up, if that's ok!

And don't worry, the sound doesn't have to be perfect for this record, I'm just trying to get people together and get a final product. I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Email me at mailto:rob.rideout@btopenworld.com">rob.rideout@btopenworld.com if you want to get it going!
I'll see what I can do!

RobRideout

There's always room for a bit extra bass, Olli!

I still need someone on bass for Shut Up and Drive (which is a funky slap bass type thing), or I (which is prog metal), So it's up to you which one you sign up for :) What do you fancy?

sawtooth

Hi Rob - do you still need keys for Crossroads? I'd love to contribute to that song!

OlliR

Quote from: "RobRideout"There's always room for a bit extra bass, Olli!

I still need someone on bass for Shut Up and Drive (which is a funky slap bass type thing), or I (which is prog metal), So it's up to you which one you sign up for :) What do you fancy?

"Shut Up and Drive" is pretty well under my fingers right now, as is I except for few tricky parts. So I could start with "Shut Up and Drive".
My desparate cry for attention, //http://www.soundcloud.com/ollipr

flamadiddle

Could you post who's got what reserved so far?

RobRideout

Right, I have an excel file (well organised, me!) of who's doing what, so I'll recreate it as best I can in list form!
                                              Drums            Guitars          Bass              Keys           Vocals        
Overtime:                               Drarok              ME!         Dan Nelson        N/A              ME!
Time Makes Fools of us all:         ???                 ???                ???                ???               ???
Please Don't Let Me Go:        Steve Grant ---------------------------------------------------   ME!
The Bird That Never Flew:  Cameronspasm     Espen--------------------------------------     ???
Shut Up and Drive:                      ???                 ???               ???                ???                ???
I:                                          Dale Cross     Harry Boam       ???                 N/A              ???
Crossroads:                                ???                 ???               ???                 ???         Carl Wallis
Wake Up:                                   ???                 ???               ???                 N/A              ???
Attack, Attack!:                         ???                 ???       Tom Lancaster       N/A               ???
Keep Calm and Carry on:             ME!      Fraser Tarbet   Ollie Baker         N/A       Ross Gallagher
Count on Me:                             N/A             ----------------------Adam Findley---------------------
Hurricane Road:                         N/A               ???              N/A              N/A                 N/A
Baby Back Down:                 Martin Guy    Tom Caunt    Harry Boam         N/A       Callum Saxton
Spring Street:                    Mark Taylor    Andy Maddison Adam Prince     N/A                ME!
Won't Take This Lying Down: John Kennard  Rob Mear   Liam Hill            ???                  ME!

Right, that took me ages, I'm going to post it before I lose it!

RobRideout

Aw it was a nice table when it was in evenly spaced font!
Ah well, that's the gist. If you can make sense of it...

I have a deadline too now, it needs to be FINISHED by the end of august :) It's vague, but hey. Any positions that are unfilled by the end of march will be recorded by me or some of the other people that wanted to do more than one thing. I really hope to get as many people as possible on this record :)

RobRideout

OOH IDEA!

I'll edit my first post in this thread to contain the list, and I'll keep updating that! :D

RobRideout

Ok, last call, honest, I won't bother you any more after this!

I only need a couple more people to fill up the sheet, mostly guitarists, and I KNOW there's a million guitarists out there :P Sorry to nag, but I'm so close now, haha!

See the sheet on the first post for what's going free, I only need a DI file, so it shouldn't take you long and I'll do a nice mini bio of you in the sleevenotes :D

Go on, you. ;)