Fancy Jem's chord

Started by OrangeLiquid, December 08, 2013, 09:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrangeLiquid

Hi everyone!
I have question to musicans or maybe to Frost* itself :3
As keyboardist I'm very intrested with Jem's playing. But there is one particular thing which doesn't want leave me alone... It's specified chord that Jem's uses a lot. For reference: here is this chord by itself http://youtu.be/zuJQ_cUgWBY?t=26s By exploring Frost*  music i presume that this chord is also in "TDL" intro section, "Snowman" from "Philadelphia Experiments" concert and problaby this is a frist chord from "6 Minutes In September". Belive me I've been tried to play this thing but... I stuck between 6 add 9 and 7#5 chord function. If that is not a secret, can someone steer me to right direction?

PS My favourite bisquits are probably Jaffa Cakes ;)
PSS Please be gentle - english is not my native language :(

Greetings,
Adam

DueyC

Hi Adam, and welcome :-)

Sorry I'm not a muso so I'll leave it to someone else to help you with the chord...

Julie  :)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

D S

Hi Adam.  I pretend I'm a bit of a muso but I wish I knew which chords Jem uses too!  All I know is that they are expensive (and probably on loan from John Barry!)  8)
Welcome too.
DS

(PS - I fear you may have strayed into dangerous territory with your choice of favourite 'biscuit'...  ;))
Come on, you\'re a lion!

OrangeLiquid

Quote from: D S on December 09, 2013, 05:57:15 PM
Hi Adam.  I pretend I'm a bit of a muso but I wish I knew which chords Jem uses too!  All I know is that they are expensive (and probably on loan from John Barry!)  8)
Welcome too.
DS

(PS - I fear you may have strayed into dangerous territory with your choice of favourite 'biscuit'...  ;))

As newbie honestly I don't know why Jaffa Cackes is dangerous territory. They're very popular in my country... so... ;P Can you explain that?

D S

They are very popular here too - and rightly so. However, there have been many debates on this forum and its predecessors about whether a Jaffa Cake is really a biscuit or a cake. I guess the clue is in the name!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

Legally? Cake. (see Categorisation as cake or biscuit for VAT.

But whatever floats your boat, as they say :D

E.S.

Isn't it a 7+9 kind of chord thingy whatchacallit?
I use that a lot after a minor 7th in some cases too, or at least something similar.

owen

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Renters

Quote from: D S on December 09, 2013, 08:10:30 PM
...there have been many debates on this forum and its predecessors about whether a Jaffa Cake is really a biscuit or a cake.....

I know what the cake/biscuit thing is all about.  It's a tax thing.  Biscuits get taxed cakes don't or something like that.  IR tried to tax McVities as a biscuit and they said no, it's a cake because biscuits go soft when stale, cakes go hard.  So Jaffa cake = cake.

It's already been covered hasn't it.  Everyone knows don't they.  Apart from Adam...
That's jazz.  Jazz is weird...

Renters

And I totally missed post #5...
That's jazz.  Jazz is weird...