Main Menu

Blunders' new job

Started by DueyC, January 19, 2015, 09:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DueyC

Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

tigermoth

The jammy swine! Lol Nice one sir. Next year, DT! :)

Mikey

Jammy? I think it may have something to do with all that hardwork & dedication............................& talent :) :)
I used to have a signature

owen

That's top banana by any standard. Didn't he play with Nick Beggs on JM's Robot? At least he'll be used to playing rhythm with him then

D S

Of course, that'll be the connection.  The other change is more obvious - Guthrie and Dave Kilminster are good mates - but I was wondering how SW had heard of him (other than just general word of mouth / industry reputation).  I know he saw Frost* when they supported Dream Theater in Southampton (real 'doh!' moment on my part when I latterly discovered that the reason why the guy standing beside the sound desk looked so like SW was that it was him! ::)) but that was Andy's last gig and pre-dated Blunders.
After digging a bit, I found this old photo from that gig.  What a combination this would have been - Godfrey, Portnoy and Wilson.  It has supergroup written all over it!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: D S on January 20, 2015, 05:52:06 PM
Of course, that'll be the connection.  The other change is more obvious - Guthrie and Dave Kilminster are good mates - but I was wondering how SW had heard of him (other than just general word of mouth / industry reputation).  I know he saw Frost* when they supported Dream Theater in Southampton (real 'doh!' moment on my part when I latterly discovered that the reason why the guy standing beside the sound desk looked so like SW was that it was him! ::)) but that was Andy's last gig and pre-dated Blunders.
After digging a bit, I found this old photo from that gig.  What a combination this would have been - Godfrey, Portnoy and Wilson.  It has supergroup written all over it!

Ah, the Southampton gig: I was there too, but certainly don't remember it as Frost*'s finest on-stage moment. Probably shafted by the DT sound crew and the less than enthusiastic (for Frost*) DT audience, but it didn't go well as far as I remember at least.

And even though I like DT, they bored me silly that night. Perhaps it was just me then  ;)

D S

Yup, that's pretty much my recollection too. :( Oh and my car broke down on the way back. Not my favourite gig.
The highlight actually was being in a small but dedicated crowd of Frost*ies (sadly surrounded by disinterested DT fans) - and of course meeting TA for the first time!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Quote from: owen on January 20, 2015, 05:14:04 PM
Didn't he play with Nick Beggs on JM's Robot?
Yes indeed
Lonely Robot, the new project masterminded by producer, guitarist and vocalist John Mitchell (It Bites, Frost*, Arena), has signed to InsideOut Music and is set to release its debut album Please Come Home on 23rd February 2015. Backed by the storming rhythm section of Nick Beggs on bass and Craig Blundell on drums, the album also sees guest appearances from Peter Cox (Go West), Nik Kershaw, Steve Hogarth (Marillion), Heather Findlay, Kim Seviour (Touchstone), Jem Godfrey (Frost*) as well as narration provided by British actor Lee Ingleby (Master & Commander, Harry Potter).

John Mitchell had this to say about the project:
"I'd long thought about doing an album where I could have total control from start to finish with the music, lyrics, production, and choosing who I wanted to contribute - expanding from the idea of just a solo album. Musically, this album is very proggy, but more about atmosphere than technical expertise, inspired by my love of science fiction and interest in the evolution of the human race." - See more at: http://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=15288&IdCompany=8#sthash.MXnzoTlL.dpuf
I used to have a signature

MikeEvs

I think I read a comment on Facebook by Blunders which mentioned former PT  drummer Gavin Harrison as recommending him for the gig

MikeEvs

From a reply by Blunders on Facebook

QuoteBig thank you to John Mitchell and Gavin Harrison for saying such nice words about me when enquiries were made or this would never of happened. I'm delighted.....

tigermoth

I didn't mean to cast nasturtiums I'm sure. :)

Rook

Quote from: D S on January 20, 2015, 05:52:06 PM

Just off camera, Tony Levin, who has played with everyone...

Mooncat

Managed to catch up with Blunders at the weekend during one of his Roland in-stores in Birmingham.
On top form as ever, and really stoked to have be doing the Steve Wilson gig - he mentioned that Gavin Harrison had mentioned him to Steve and JM also put in a word as well.

Gonna be a busy boy
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy