Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Jem, June 23, 2015, 07:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Hello!

There is a fair to middling chance that we might wheel the old gal around some venues next year once the album's out. If we were to pick, say 5 UK, 5 EU and 5 world destinations, where would you suggest?

I'm not saying we would actually arrive at all these places, but it'd be nice to get an idea of the scope of what's out there and who might rock up.

Ta innit.

Jem x

L33VEY

I'd travel to East Sussex - Trading Boundaries?
Otherwise London is just fine
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

JakeWorrell

Somewhere in the Midlands would be handy for me (although my GF and I have actually talked about going to as many gigs we can get to as possible should the big F tour again). I guess the Tower of Song is probably a bit small, but I thought that was a great venue. The Robin seems to be a pretty popular place for Proggy and Rocky bands alike.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

owen

Manchester/Liverpool (anywhere in the north west)

owen

Mikey

Picturedrome, Holmfirth or a CRS gig, but willing to travel as far as, well......Depends on timing
I used to have a signature

rogerg

What time of year are you thinking?  There are some great festivals (as you know!) in the New England, USA area in the summer.

Pedro

The Robin, CRS Awards Night (too soon?), Summer's End....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Well, I'm obviously going to vote for the 2nd ever Scottish gig, preferably Glasgow. Sadly the venue where you played with Spock's Beard (the Arches) is no more but there are plenty good venues. King Tut's would be a great choice.
Failing that, somewhere else in 'the north' would be fine, like Newcastle or even Carlisle (best gig I ever saw It Bites play was there).  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DueyC

Here are a few of my favourites...

UK:
The Robin - Bilston
Under The Bridge - London
The Brook (given that Talking Heads is probably too small) - Southampton
Leamington Assembly

EU:
De Boerderij - Zoetermeer, cos it's easy to get to from the UK, and Arie is a star

...but you'll be seeing me wherever you go, cos I'm like that  8)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

L33VEY

Somewhere in the US where AJ can get to see you - he's kept the Frost* flag fluttering for a few years now
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

JakeWorrell

Quote from: L33VEY on June 23, 2015, 09:34:36 PM
Somewhere in the US where AJ can get to see you - he's kept the Frost* flag fluttering for a few years now

hear hear!

Jem

This is all brilliant. Keep it coming.  :) x

JakeWorrell

Had a bit more of a think about the Midlands, we're wondering if somewhere like The Slade Rooms in Wolverhampton (although we've not been there personally) or The Institute in Birmingham. The Institute would suit me down to the ground as it's down the road from where I work, although I expect you're hoping for some other people to turn up as well ;)

lyn

Cambridge Rock Festival...
How about....Twats, It Bites, Lonely Robot, Frost* what a line up!
Just up the road from CB...

Can have a word with the CRF boss...

NB. JM, I listened to your last set there with my fingers in my ears, I had a perforated eardrum, sorry!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com