Main Menu

EIMA query

Started by D S, July 01, 2015, 08:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Jem, seeing as you're back frequenting this good place, you can hopefully answer this one. 
I was suffering from uhtceare this morning so plugged into an iPod and put it on shuffle.  The title track of EIMA came on and I realised I'd not heard it for a long time through headphones.  What struck me was the just how BIG the ending was, with huge massed choirs going on, presumably created by multitracking Dec, Belinda, yourself, JM, etc.
Even roughly, how many tracks were you using in Pro-tools for that song?!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Jem

First of all, housepoint for getting "uhtceare" in there.  8)

To be honest I'm not sure, but it was a lot. Belinda was the main hog really, we tracked and tracked and tracked on the day. In fact there was a ton I ended up leaving out as there just wasn't any space left.

That track is probably the one I'm least happy with, mix wise, on the whole thing. I plan to redress that when I get the rights back.

D S

Thank you!  8)
I look forward to hearing it as you'd like it to be in due course although it sounds pretty good already to these cloth ears.
The only thing I don't like about EIMA is listening to it in the car - the quiet to loud dynamics can blow your speakers / eardrums if you don't get to the volume control quickly enough!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Rook

Quote from: D S on July 02, 2015, 01:10:57 PM
The only thing I don't like about EIMA is listening to it in the car - the quiet to loud dynamics can blow your speakers / eardrums if you don't get to the volume control quickly enough!  ;)
Oh Lordy yes. Nearly drove off the road that one time. Pow!

(Autocorrect tried to render test as "Nearly drove off the toss get goest tone." too good to just silently correct)

BrendanGee

Reminds me of the time 'Welcome To Nowhere' come on the iPod in the car and my friend nearly jumped out of her skin.  ;D
Bring on the Trumpets!

Jem

;D ;D

Ok, I won't do any of that on this one.

rogerg

Mikey

Quote from: Jem on July 02, 2015, 06:36:11 PM
;D ;D

Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!
I used to have a signature

lyn

Quote from: Mikey on July 02, 2015, 09:44:58 PM
Quote from: Jem on July 02, 2015, 06:36:11 PM
;D ;D

Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!
What he said!!!!
In fact...boo hoo!
It's a game... like how hard can I drive at the rising barrier and still get under it, how close can I get to the NOISY bits without blowing my speakers up?
I play both quite a lot...
Bit of a shock if I forget tho'
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

RacingHippo

Quote from: Jem on July 01, 2015, 11:34:05 PM
First of all, housepoint for getting "uhtceare" in there.  8)

Um... that's a word?
I thought it was an acronym. Something like

Unpleasant
Head
Trauma
Caused by
Especially
Acoustically
Rubbish
Expergefactor

...which would explain DS's need for Frost*iness.

But I see that it is, indeed, a most useful word.
* May contain nuts.