Main Menu

2020 vision...

Started by lyn, January 01, 2020, 09:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyn

Missed the advent calender  :'(, just wondering what might be in the mix for 2020 in the Frost*ieverse? Happy New Decade... ;)
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

johninblack

Happy new year Lyn and to everyone else.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mooncat

QuoteMissed the advent calender  :'(, just wondering what might be in the mix for 2020 in the Frost*ieverse? Happy New Decade...
Happy New Year/Decade!!!
Hopefully in the near future (i.e. next few months) we'll get to hear about the plans, but so far in the pot of 'things we know to exist/in development' are
:
New EP - teased the cover a few months back
Camden DVD - filmed, mixed, and some tracks up on Youtube
Remastered/rerecorded versions of MillionTown * EIMA - apparently versions were done with Blunders & Nath playing - -whether these are in addition to Jem's oft discussed 'remix/remasters' is unknown - could this all be part of the 8 disc set that was mentioned on here a few months ago???
new album - the Godfrey/Mitchell collective have been running off to exotic locations ( :P) to apparently write the next Frost* epic - whether any of this has been recorded as anything other than demo's yet is unclear
Finding a new drummer - Blunders has stated in his recent fb post (confirming the posts from both sides earlier last year) that the activity he already has booked for the next two years means he's not able to be part of the next stage of Frost* - so on to who will replace him and presumably involving them in the recording etc

Personally I'm hoping for the EP and DVD sometime between now and April along with an update on the drummer and plans for this year. Then maybe drop the 'collection' set (if it IS a thing) in the summer (whilst hopefully recording on the new album is done) and then go for a October/November album release with tour to support. But I'm greedy, and the boys said in the Rockfield interview 7/4 doesn't pay the bills so any plans could get derailed by 'real' work/life
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

owen

Personally I think Craig could have done the Hackett gigs into next year, joined Crimson as the 4th drummer, toured with them, quit, do another SW tour or 2 and Jem might still have not got round to touring! Save the search for a drummer

Mordwin

Quote from: owen on January 09, 2020, 10:48:27 AM
Personally I think Craig could have done the Hackett gigs into next year, joined Crimson as the 4th drummer, toured with them, quit, do another SW tour or 2 and Jem might still have not got round to touring! Save the search for a drummer

heh  ;D

(though I guess I now owe Rog royalties :D)

rogerg

L33VEY

Update on Twitter

Writing session two is happening soon. The Boxset release is complete. Definitely more podcasts from the pubs of Cornwall this time and we might... just... be zeroing in on Craig's replacement too.
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

lyn

You can't replace Craig 8) find the next Frost* drummer, perhaps...  ;) Maybe call Mr Blundell?
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com