Main Menu

Drumless Frost* tracks

Started by Andy P, May 23, 2011, 05:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy P

Do such things exist? You know the thing, drumless track left, click track right.

I'm trying to build a personal library of proggy stuff I like, so I can practice with more challenging music than the usual things that are available. Obviously Frost* things would be top of the list, but the usual haunts have come up blank.

Or perhaps I am a tad ambitious ...  :|

Mooncat

Nothing official (I asked Jem a while back when Blunders mentioned something about having the tracks from Jem) but alas they are not for public consumption.

There is a bit of a blog over at a site //http://www.projectdrums.com/blog/ for online session drummers which covers ways of 'removing' drums from tracks. Not perfect but worth a go.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Andy P

Pedro

You never know, maybe one day down the road a future edition in the "play-along" catalogue might touch on more challenging time signatures?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

There are also some pretty good ones over at //http://music4drums.net/
You have to register on the forum and make a few posts every month in order to get access to the drumless tracks threads but it's worth a gander.

DueyC

I presume you're aware of this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2578 ?

Not prog as such, but it's from our very own Blunders, so it won't be boring  8-)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Mooncat

Indeed. Very good it is too, although I haven't really given it enough time yet 8-)

Andy P

Thanks for your help folks!

Yep, got the Bluders Playalong thingy, it's not really my kind of stuff but nevertheless wonderful to practice to.

Pedro

Keep an eye on the FFCS thread in Friends Of Frost*....there should be a drumless track in there soon....not proper Frost* but it might be an interesting challenge.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Keep an eye on the FFCS thread in Friends Of Frost*....there should be a drumless track in there soon....not proper Frost* but it might be an interesting challenge.
There will be... although............. there's so much wrong with a drumless track on so many levels!  :shock:

;)