Songs you would like to hear covered by Frost*

Started by danofmayz, January 03, 2013, 04:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

I know Jem has mentioned in the past he is a fan of the Cardiacs, and indeed would've contributed something to the excellent 'Leader of The Starry Skies' compilation* had he known of it's existence (and if memory serves had offered his services should they do a 'Vol.2').

Therefore would like to hear something completely absurd, like 'Dog like Sparky'!!!

*Leader of the Starry Skies: A Tribute To Tim Smith, Songbook 1 is a compilation album featuring cover versions of songs by Tim Smith (the songwriter behind Cardiacs, The Sea Nymphs, Spratleys Japs and Panixphere). It was released on CD on 13 December 2010 on the Believers Roast label (via Genepool distribution). The release date for download, via iTunes, is 20 December 2010.
All contributing artists and bands have either stated a strong Cardiacs influence in their music, profess sincere admiration for Smith's work, or feature at least one person who has at some time been involved with Cardiacs. Contributors to the project include The Magic Numbers, Robert White of The Milk and Honey Band with Andy Partridge (XTC), Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, Katharine Blake of Mediaeval Baebes, psychedelic metal band Oceansize, Julianne Regan of All About Eve, 1990's Britpop band Ultrasound (who reunited especially to record their cover version), Jason Pegg of Clearlake and no less than five current or former Cardiacs members - former keyboard player William D. Drake, former drummer and keyboard player Mark Cawthra, former guitarist Christian Hayes (under the project name of mikrokosmos), current guitarist Kavus Torabi (with his Knifeworld project) and former drummer Peter Tagg (with The Trudy).
The album was recorded as a response to Tim Smith's hospitalisation in 2008 (following a combined heart attack and stroke in London) was released in order to raise funds for his ongoing care and recovery. All profits from the album sales go directly to help Tim Smith. A bonus disc, called A Loyal Companion, was free with CD preorders.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

JimD

Quote from: manoncharles on March 21, 2016, 10:47:10 AM
He's talented, can't deny it.
But nope nope nope nope one does not simply cover Queen.

One particular individual did not simply cover, erm, Finefare for the Keema Nan...
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

rogerg

rogerg

gr8gonzo

I heard "No Surrender" by The Outfield the other day and thought, although not well known, it would be cool to hear JM do that one for the next nostalgia ep.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mikey

Quote from: manoncharles on March 21, 2016, 10:47:10 AM
He's talented, can't deny it.
But nope nope nope nope one does not simply cover Queen.
Except for that there Toehider
I used to have a signature

manoncharles

He's allowed to, as he's as talented as Freddie + Brian.
Yep, I said that.
A fairytale in negative

Jim Takacs

Cover a song written by a Frost*ie..  We did one of his!!  ;D
::I Like Cheese::

Dr.Ripper

I feel like the Genesis' Firth of Fifth is a no-brainer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5engyVXe0

Of course, he's done an ELO cover, and then an ELP cover. Sounds like ELQ is next, whoever they are!
whut

owen

I vaguely recall he's done a Genesis song. Carpet crawlers? I vaguely recall a Frost* report

Mikey

Yes there were a few, I was listening to some of the old Frost* reports for my Frost*ology and they were mentioned.

Come on Godfrey, stump them up😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D S

I'm pretty sure there was a Frost* Report with footage before a gig with Jem at a piano in an empty bar, playing the intro to Firth of Fifth....
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Quote from: D S on April 22, 2016, 01:11:16 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a Frost* Report with footage before a gig with Jem at a piano in an empty bar, playing the intro to Firth of Fifth....
Is that a challenge?

D S

Quote from: Mikey on April 22, 2016, 01:37:51 PM
Quote from: D S on April 22, 2016, 01:11:16 PM
Is that a challenge?
Yup!  8)
I think it was filmed during some dates in continental Europe and I recall JM & TBE playing the Police's Message in a Bottle in the same video, if that helps...
Come on, you\'re a lion!