Wake up Rosetta!

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 10, 2013, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

More surprises?? Please tell me Rosetta's landing gear will leave Frosterisk imprints.  ;D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

DueyC

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on July 29, 2016, 08:48:25 PM

I think Jon issued an alternate version of Page of Life in the US without V's permission, with some tracks dropped, some added, some editing, and complete resequencing.

Having some idea now of what a perfectionist V is and how closely he is involved in absolutely every part of something he puts out, I can see how Anderson doing this will have mightily pissed V off.

That's the story I heard. And having bought said CD, I'm with V on that ;-)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

DueyC

Quote from: gr8gonzo on July 29, 2016, 09:39:38 PM
More surprises?? Please tell me Rosetta's landing gear will leave Frosterisk imprints.  ;D

Word  :)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: DueyC on July 29, 2016, 10:13:34 PM

Yeah, except Rosetta doesn't have any landing gear: was never designed to land, so its arrival on the surface will be rather, umm, terminal  :o

gr8gonzo

I had a feeling you were going to say that. Falling satellites, indeed.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on July 30, 2016, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: DueyC on July 29, 2016, 10:13:34 PM

Yeah, except Rosetta doesn't have any landing gear: was never designed to land, so its arrival on the surface will be rather, umm, terminal  :o
A Frost*erisk-shaped crater would be acceptable.  :)
(I'm guessing no-one will ever see it so you can tell us it will be ;))
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

manoncharles

Quote from: Pedro on August 09, 2016, 11:37:25 PM

I hope you're wrong, hell. With science improving every freaking day, I hope someone will ever see 67-P after the Rosetta mission.
A fairytale in negative

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: manoncharles on August 16, 2016, 01:04:52 AM
Quote from: Pedro on August 09, 2016, 11:37:25 PM

I hope you're wrong, hell. With science improving every freaking day, I hope someone will ever see 67-P after the Rosetta mission.

Oh, the comet will be visible every 6.5 years, but only from a great distance, with zero hope of being able to see the nucleus, let alone its surface. That'd take another space mission ...

RacingHippo

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned this little video launcing the new album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsW1SudRL4

It starts with some self-styled "Prof" gushing embarrasingly, so you'd best just skip to 0:27 when he finally shuts up :)
* May contain nuts.

RacingHippo

PS. I'm secretly very proud of our very own Media Tart.
* May contain nuts.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: RacingHippo on August 22, 2016, 01:24:58 PM
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned this little video launcing the new album:

It starts with some self-styled "Prof" gushing embarrasingly, so you'd best just skip to 0:27 when he finally shuts up :)

You should have heard what I would have been willing to say if I'd been paid.

Besides, I was probably the least gushy of the lot: our astronauts are true pros at it  :P

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: RacingHippo on August 22, 2016, 01:26:29 PM
PS. I'm secretly very proud of our very own Media Tart.

Aww, shucks.

rogerg

Not available in my (stupid) country.  :(

Mordwin

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: rogerg on August 22, 2016, 07:08:33 PM

Not available in my (stupid) country.  :(

Coming soon, I'm told by Universal / Decca.