Main Menu

Happy Frost* Day!!

Started by gr8gonzo, May 27, 2016, 05:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyn

Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 28, 2016, 01:54:33 PM

I like the background noises in Towerblock. I may have misinterpreted but it sounds like someone revisiting their old house/flat; "the noise" is closing the door as they arrive, then the light comes one. The reverb on Jem's lyrics sound like he is in a cold, empty room. All very evocative. Genius as always.
I thought it was a lift at the beginning...
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

JakeWorrell

Quote from: lyn on May 28, 2016, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 28, 2016, 01:54:33 PM

I like the background noises in Towerblock. I may have misinterpreted but it sounds like someone revisiting their old house/flat; "the noise" is closing the door as they arrive, then the light comes one. The reverb on Jem's lyrics sound like he is in a cold, empty room. All very evocative. Genius as always.
I thought it was a lift at the beginning...

ooo let me listen again...

EDIT - to save me double posting:

You've thrown everything I believed into disarray now. You might be right, but there seems to be the sound of fluorescent tubes coming on, but then maybe it's the creak of a lift. More listens required I think; to both Towerblock and lifts in general.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Mordwin

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on May 28, 2016, 12:53:57 PM
Dear TA/Rook/Gonzo/Rog any other poor sod who hasn't got it

Don't worry

It's worth the wait

And I really wouldn't bother with streaming, there's too much to miss for that nonsense. For instance I haven't even come across the Morse code

I know you mean well, Owen, but ...  ;)

But don't worry; I won't be listening to any of it until the CD arrives and I can sit down on the couch with my hifi.

I received a yet-to-be-released album in my very privileged hands yesterday in WAV format on a USB stick (don't worry, perfectly legally, I promise). Listened a couple of times yesterday on headphones and speakers at work and it was nice enough, but on my hifi today at a decent volume ... wow  :o

So I'll wait. But still ...

gr8gonzo

I'm fine with waiting for it and have no doubt I will love it. I'm going to have to stay away from these threads for a while, though, as I'm catching spoilers.  :P
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

E.S.

Quote from: gr8gonzo on May 28, 2016, 04:35:23 PM
I'm fine with waiting for it and have no doubt I will love it. I'm going to have to stay away from these threads for a while, though, as I'm catching spoilers:P
About what happens to Jon Snow...  ;D

Been a while, had to log in to say that this album is, and I need to use strong words here, fucking awesome!
I had a moment in 'Nice Day For It...' when I thought about renaming it to "In your face, Tony!" Dang that's an awesome piece of fluffy glory!
So many good ones. All of them, in fact. I think 'Nice Day', The Raging Against Wotsit' and 'Numbers' are big glow stick party DJ favourites for me at the moment.

Worth the wait. In gold.

L33VEY

Quote from: gr8gonzo on May 28, 2016, 04:35:23 PM
I'm fine with waiting for it and have no doubt I will love it. I'm going to have to stay away from these threads for a while, though, as I'm catching spoilers.  :P

Now streaming at that link at the top right of this page...   :)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Ash

ello, something drew me into forumland today  :)
Ash
xxx

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Good to see so many 'old timers' popping back in!  :)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

gr8gonzo

Well, hello. :)

Indeed, it is nice to see familiar names again. It's been toooo long for many of them.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

BrendanGee

Just home to a nice surprise lying by my letterbox.
I'm diving in right now!
Bring on the Trumpets!

mr_john

If anyone is interested, here's my review of the album.

SPOILER: I like it just a tiny bit.

http://echoesanddust.com/2016/05/frost-falling-satellites/

lyn

Quote from: lyn on May 28, 2016, 12:17:25 AM
K2's view... "This whole album is an experiment.  The Dubstep in Towerblock is really  interesting..." He is eligible for half price most places and has just grown big enough to need a full sized bike.  We had left him to listen while we went down the pub... to spend an hour or so discussing our first thoughts on hearing flng stlts.  Milk it,  Godfrey et al...
OK,  so I've had a day of...
"What are you doing Mum? Do you know what I'm doing?   I'm knocking down my Towerblock... " " dadadadadahdaah..."  ;D :-X
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

manoncharles

There a a few French guys running a webzine about prog, they interview celebrities and think they're the kings of the world. I got mad when I heard they had interviewed Jem (how dare they talk to our hero !?) and I had a good reason : their review sucks heaps. I'm super hyper disappointed in them. They didn't even have the fact rights (band members and dates). Seriously a bunch of pains in the ass.

Here is the only trustable French review so far (aka my own personal review) :
this album is rad.

edit/ wow, I forgot to breathe. All that ranting to say :

Quote from: mr_john on May 28, 2016, 08:29:51 PM
If anyone is interested, here's my review of the album.

SPOILER: I like it just a tiny bit.

http://echoesanddust.com/2016/05/frost-falling-satellites/

Nice review, cheers xx
A fairytale in negative