Main Menu

3 more shows

Started by Nellie, September 27, 2016, 01:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nellie

There are lot more Frost*ies than we thought wanting to see the band live sooooooooooo, we've booked 3 more gigs in the UK in April 2017.
Tickets are on sale now at The Merch Desk and soon from the venues (except Edinburgh).
Don't let me down by not going after making so many complaints  ::)

Dates are
6th April - The Brook, Southampton because there wasn't one down south last time.
8th April - The Liquid Room, Edinburgh because there wasn't enough room last time.
9th April - The CItadel, St Helens because it's in between Manchester and Dublin.
It's in the post!

owen

St Helens! Awesome! Home in half an hour, maybe less

Mikey

Quote from: Nellie on September 27, 2016, 01:47:37 PM
9th April - The CItadel, St Helens because it's in between Manchester and Dublin.
That could be too close to Easter for me, any more he says rather hopefully?
I used to have a signature

Mikey

Beware if you go to Sardinia

MV St Helen is a vehicle and passenger ferry previously operated by Wightlink on their route from Portsmouth to Fishbourne on the Isle of Wight. Due to her age, she has been sold and was removed from service on 26 March 2015. She now operates in Sardinia (Italy) with the name Anna Mur operated by Delcomar, together with her sister ship, the former MV St Catherine.

MV St Helen was built by Robb Caledon Shipbuilders, the last ship to be launched from their Leith Shipyard. She entered service with Sealink on 28 November 1983 shortly after her sister MV St Catherine, She was positioned on the Portsmouth to Fishbourne route, the route she has taken through her life and was the largest Isle of Wight ferry until 1990 when MV St Faith was introduced weighing 26 tonnes more. This was a record held until 2001 when MV St Clare entered service.

Deck collapse incident
The St Helen generated unwelcome headlines late on Friday 18 July 2014 at the Fishbourne ferry terminal, when a section of the mezzanine car deck with nine cars on board, dropped about six feet (1.80m) on to the deck below, while being lowered. Three passengers and a crew member were injured and transferred to St Mary's Hospital in Newport. The Marine Accident Investigation Branch is carrying out an investigation.

The ship had just arrived on the 21:30 sailing from Portsmouth with 181 passengers and 11 crew on board. The next sailing, operated by MV St Clare, had to wait 90 minutes before being able to dock.

After the incident the St Helen was taken out of service for several weeks whilst Wightlink engineers removed the mezzanine deck leaving her sister ships St Clare, St Cecilia, and St Faith to run the service.

Sale to Delcomar
It was reported in March 2015 that Delcomar, a company based in Sardinia, has purchased St Helen for an undisclosed sum. She will join her sister vessel MV St Catherine (now GB Conte) which was sold to the same company in July 2010. St Helen has been renamed Anna Mur. The ship was moored at Hythe, but has now sailed to Sardinia. A Wight class vessel, MV Wight Sun has been transferred to the Portsmouth-Fishbourne route to replace St Helen.

DueyC

Thanks for that Mikey. The St Helen was always the ship I hoped not to get as she was such a dump, and I noticed she was no longer in evidence, although I hadn't realised why. That 'honour' has now passed to St Faith. St Clare is by far the nicest of the ships on that route and it's a shame Wightlink haven't seen fit to buy more the same.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Dr.Ripper

Neat! I'll definitely make the trek across the pond to the Southampton show! And see family in Reading, I guess........
whut

Nellie

Quote from: Mikey on September 27, 2016, 05:12:43 PM
These are in addition to the shows this year. There won't be any more in the UK for a while.
It's in the post!

Mikey

Quote from: Nellie on September 28, 2016, 01:18:04 PM
Quote from: Mikey on September 27, 2016, 05:12:43 PM
These are in addition to the shows this year. There won't be any more in the UK for a while.
Not sure if I still have a visa to get into/through Lancashire

BrendanGee

My ticket arrived in the post today.
Excellent service as always from everyone's favourite Merch Fairy.  :)
Bring on the Trumpets!

Nellie

If you are no social media of any kind, please spread the word about the gigs. It would be nice to sell out these shows :-)
It's in the post!

DueyC

Create some facebook events and I'll get inviting...
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

rogerg

> There won't be any more in the UK for a while.

Maybe across the pond?

;D

Mikey

Quote from: rogerg on September 30, 2016, 12:24:11 AM
>

Maybe across the pond?

;D
ever the optimist 😀😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerg

Nellie

Quote from: rogerg on September 30, 2016, 12:24:11 AM
> There won't be any more in the UK for a while.

Maybe across the pond?

;D
I need to look into this. I have nudged the RosFest and Cruise people but with no luck yet. A proper tour would be a bit of a nightmare with visas and logistics but I know the boys would love to tour the States.
It's in the post!