The Philadelphia Experiment [2017 Remaster]

Started by gr8gonzo, January 24, 2017, 02:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen

I like warts'n'all. Like the bit at the beginning of Snowman. I suppose you want a polished project to show off the band though. Or were they really that bad?

Nellie

I parcelled them up yesterday and will post them tomorrow. Still a bit spaced out from the boat trip :-)
It's in the post!

Pedro

Quote from: Jem on February 16, 2017, 08:32:34 AM
...so if you already have the album, you're not missing anything other than the TDL mix.
Any plans to accommodate those who don't have the readies to splash for a second full copy but would like to hear the new TDL?

Plus, another video of TDL being amazing as a four piece...
https://youtu.be/spe5lBaw8W8
Five if you count Matt Berry.  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

Quote from: rogerg on February 16, 2017, 11:42:36 AM
But what a lovely gig it was!  ;D

Indeed. My favorite gig I ever flew a thousand miles to see. :)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

Quote from: gr8gonzo on February 17, 2017, 04:45:12 AM
Quote from: rogerg on February 16, 2017, 11:42:36 AM
But what a lovely gig it was!  ;D

Indeed. My favorite gig I ever flew a thousand miles to see. :)

AgreedIndeed!  and the people were all lovely!  ;D

Ivor

I came home from being out with the camera all day today, totally not expecting to see that padded envelope behind the door... :) So... I haven't listened to the rest yet, but I had to give The Dividing Line a whirl, mainly because I was kinda dreading my favourite Frost track being changed from what I thought to be perfect to, well, less than. I needn't have worried. Fantastic. Bloody fantastic production.

tigermoth

Ah, just as I thought. It sounded fantastic, now it sounds fantastic. Lol

Rook

TBE

There was some video of Jem and myself recording drums for The Dividing Line up at Kidderminster College...

I think the Dividing Line is my favourite Frost track, it does everything all in one track...

The Letter M

Quote from: Jem on February 16, 2017, 08:32:34 AM
It's the same reason that our version of No Me No You that we did at that gig never saw the light of day either.

Aw, so you guys DID do "No Me No You"? I was wondering why all of Milliontown hadn't been played on that live album, but now I know why.

I'd be willing to pay for the complete show, warts and all, just to hear it as it was heard that day. Heck, I'd pay for it even if it had overdubs and tweaks. I just love having complete shows.

-Marc.

D S

No Me No You is quite a rare live song. I've seen the band live some 9 times but I can only remember hearing it once (at the Peel AGM gig).  Shame as I'd love to hear Milliontown live from start to finish sometime (hint)!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!