Help with Frosterisk logo/tattoo

Started by Erethism, March 18, 2009, 12:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erethism

Hello.

I've been lurking the forums a bit, but this is the first time getting my feet wet. I've actually come looking for some help with a big decision I'm taking in the near future, which is getting a tattoo of the Frosterisk.

Now, I've been thinking about it for a while now and I'm getting more and more confident in having it, I just need to have a chat with the local tattoo parlor to make sure I'll go through with it (it's a big decision). But before I do that I want to provide them with the motif and that's where I need some help.

I'm going to have a pure black, straight-edged Frosterisk on my upper right arm. Problem is, there is no such incarnation of the Frosterisk I have seen so far. Most of them have the "spray can"-look and most normal asterisks have six points. I've tried drawing it myself, but I'm not completely happy with it. This is why I'd like the "official" shape and dimensions so that I can be absolutely happy with my upcoming tattoo.

So, is there anyone who can provide me with a black, straight-edged Frosterisk?

Your help is much appreciated.
Cheers!
Honorary Executive Producer of Spock\'s Beard X

rogerg

cool!

I found the one nailed to my forehead by making an asterisk in a word-processing program, and blowing the font size up to like 200, and then cycling through all my fonts until I found the one I liked.  unfortunately, that is is on my work computer (!), and I won't be able to tell yopu what it is until I get home from work tomorrow.

if I remember.

which I'll try real hard to do.

;)

welcome, btw!!   8-)

FantomG

Hi Erethism,

Are you looking for it to be like the official version?

or

No "paint drip"

Hope these help....

:D

Pedro

Those images are quite close I'd say - a little squashed maybe?
The constraining white rectangle should be square.
Or, put another way, ignoring the drip, the Frost*erisk should have rotational symmetry.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Erethism

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I've also tried a few fonts in Word, but no satisfactory results. The bottom one without the drip is the kind I'm looking for, but it does look squashed, though. I thought the official forums would be the best place to ask, maybe some of the guys from the band has the original template lying around somewhere.

The best would be a high-resolution "official" Frosterisk in the style that Fantom provided. Maybe I'm asking too much, but at least I'm not in a rush so I might as well try getting it perfect ;)

catherine

You could always try an iron-on transfer to the back of the head like JohninBlack has... if/when Frost* put out their third album and you decide that it's completely pants, it won't be so hard to remove!

Bokkie

Quote from: "catherine"You could always try an iron-on transfer to the back of the head like JohninBlack has...

Doesn't that ...like..hurt  :)
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Pedro

Quote from: "Bokkie"
Quote from: "catherine"You could always try an iron-on transfer to the back of the head like JohninBlack has...

Doesn't that ...like..hurt  :)
Mrs JohninBlack says "not if you only touch the handle of the iron".... :lol:

Drarok

The asterisk from Helvetica looks about right when bold:

Erethism

Hehe, I think I'll stick to the normal tattoo, thanks. :P
It's also one of the reasons why I want it straight and pure black, so that it is as neutral and timeless as possible but I can still attach various meanings to it. If the Frosterisk design keeps changing I'd be better off with the clean, simple version. I'm hoping I will never feel the need to have it removed, so it's better to keep it simple.

Darok, that one was pretty good! Definitely something that I might use. If all else fails, I'll just bring the various sketches, fonts and the EIMA cover and tell him I want the shape to be like the one on the cover but the look to be like the Helvetica asterisk.

Too bad you can't really see where the arms of the asterisk end due to the black fade on the cover, though.

Pedro

Hmm....again, close but not perfect.
The "leg" at the top is wider than the others.
Tilt your head or rotate the image and you'll see it.

....putting the "ped" into pedantry since 1960 :D

BTW The ends of the arms can be seen on the sprayed versions.

Nellie

That's obviously the next line in merchandising then. Temporary tatoos until someone has at you with the inks.
It's in the post!

Erethism

Window cling! I totally forgot about those. Good thing I still have them unused. After looking at the orange one, unless my eyes deceive me, I think the legs widen slightly towards the ends. And here I was under the impression each leg was perfectly straight and rectangular...

Anyway, I can't wait to have a chat with the tattoo artist and see what can be done. Still I got to wait until May when it's the most practical time for me to get it, though.

Thanks for the help so far, really appreciate it. ;)

Mouse

Hope it all goes according to plan, Erethism. When it happens, can we see the photos?  :D