Tiger Moth Tales! A teaser.

Started by tigermoth, March 10, 2014, 09:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

Some TMT news. Had a session with the new bass player Mick Wilson of Red Bazar fame. Ruddy heck, we're all gonna have to pull our socks up. He knows some of it better than I do and I wrote the damn thing! :) The man is a machine. Feeling excited about doing a full band rehearsal some time soon. In other TMT news, the art work is very nearly done to White Night's specifications, and I hope to be having talks with Rob Reed regarding a definite release date etc. BTW, if you've not done so already please give the site a visit: www.tigermothtales.com to find out more about the album and the inspirations behind it. Thanks again Mick, and thanks everyone for the great feedback and support. Feeling very buzzed!

sawtooth

Quote from: tigermoth on August 12, 2014, 10:09:18 PM
Some TMT news. Had a session with the new bass player Mick Wilson of Red Bazar fame. Ruddy heck, we're all gonna have to pull our socks up. He knows some of it better than I do and I wrote the damn thing! :) The man is a machine. Feeling excited about doing a full band rehearsal some time soon. In other TMT news, the art work is very nearly done to White Night's specifications, and I hope to be having talks with Rob Reed regarding a definite release date etc. BTW, if you've not done so already please give the site a visit: www.tigermothtales.com to find out more about the album and the inspirations behind it. Thanks again Mick, and thanks everyone for the great feedback and support. Feeling very buzzed!

Wish I could say the same for the ruddy assistant keyboardsmith! Pulling my socks up doesn't even BEGIN to cover it!
Yes,  Mick The Bass a bit good isn't he? I hate him. ;)

tigermoth

Come come sawtooth, to cheer you up i'll buy you some very long stockings, silk ones if you like. That should do it. :)

tigermoth

Morning all. Tigermoth speaking. Stil no definite release date, but should be getting the art work proofs back soon and Rob assures me it won't be long now. This seems to have taken ages, but I can only imagine what a busy chap Rob Reed must be at the moment.
I know it will be worth the wait when it finally gets released and I must just say a big thank you to everyone on here for the great feedback. It was having the honest opinions of people who were under no obligation to give me praise if they felt I didn't deserve it (as opposed to friends who just thought they ought to be nice about it), that really pushed me forward to do something with it. As you may know, it started out as a Midlife crisis, and when I first started it I had no plans to release it or even play it to that many people. It was just for my own sanity. But you guys having faith in it, and the fact that some of you are hard line proggers and stil liked it means a lot. Plus it was Pedro who put my case forward to Rob Reed, for wich i'll always be grateful. Of course I'm aware that there's every chance the album will be a flop, but I reckon I might shift at least 20 copies to people who really appreciate it and that's stil a great thing. Just got to get it out there now.
In the meantime I'm keeping busy, writing for the next album, also  doing some more lyrics and vocals for Nottingham prog stalwarts Red Bazar. Exciting stuff. Not to mention rehearsing the TMT stuff to be able to play it live should the need arise.
Speaking of that, I can now say that as well as Sawtooth and Red Bazar's bassist, their drummer and axe man have agreed to join too. So in effect I have Red Bazar as the TMT band. Confusing? Well, no more confusing than the various reincarnations and names of YES. Lol.
If any of you here haven't heard Red Bazar, please do check them out. Infact, here's a recording I made with the lad's consent at their Nottingham gig supporting the Tirith: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14720207/Red%20Bazar%203.mp3 Great instrumental prog. Ok, off for now, but thanks and all the best. TM

owen

Can't remember if I agreed to buy one, so may be 21

tigermoth

Thanks Owen. Like the Tesco man says, every little helps. :)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: tigermoth on September 03, 2014, 10:24:45 AM
I'm aware that there's every chance the album will be a flop

I track through as many as 100 albums a week for my podcast and only like 3 or 4 of them. Having heard a sample of TMT, liking it is a no-brainer. And with Mr. Reed on board, I think you'll find the album held in high regard by quite a few more people than this humble forum.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

sawtooth

Quote from: gr8gonzo on September 03, 2014, 11:32:47 PM
Quote from: tigermoth on September 03, 2014, 10:24:45 AM
I'm aware that there's every chance the album will be a flop

I track through as many as 100 albums a week for my podcast and only like 3 or 4 of them. Having heard a sample of TMT, liking it is a no-brainer. And with Mr. Reed on board, I think you'll find the album held in high regard by quite a few more people than this humble forum.

Well said Gonz! :)

owen

Mind, I'm not sure when this forum got humble :o

gr8gonzo

Hehe. Well, it's at least managed to remain one of the few without its head up its arse.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

tigermoth

Indeed not my Liege, tis a mighty thing. Well I'm encouraged by your words chaps, but I just wish I could get things moving a bit faster. :)

Rook

Me too. I keep throwing money at the computer screen but my TMT CD isn't here yet.

johninblack

I see it as my function in life to ensure that any head that gets close to any arse gets immediately decapitated. ;)

Quote from: gr8gonzo on September 05, 2014, 10:01:05 PM
Hehe. Well, it's at least managed to remain one of the few without its head up its arse.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

RobRideout

Jaaaaaysus. I'm just hearing this for the first time now.

This is mind bogglingly fan-bleeding-tastic.

Rook