Main Menu

Steven Wilson

Started by Dena, February 13, 2009, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xelerad

Speaking of Schoolyard Ghosts, the two words I use to describe it to others are 'beautiful' and 'sweet'.

dtjoez

this album saved my life when i needed something new.

have to say it is a "beautiful" cd indeed.
Awesome. Indeed.

Mouse

I should have it, Richard Wright's Broken China and Rush's Vapor Trails by Sunday. Anticipation building...  :)

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Mouse"I should have it, Richard Wright's Broken China and Rush's Vapor Trails by Sunday. Anticipation building...  :)

Not over Vapor Trails, I hope. (;-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mouse

Quote from: "Philadelphia"
Quote from: "Mouse"I should have it, Richard Wright's Broken China and Rush's Vapor Trails by Sunday. Anticipation building...  :)

Oh come now, it's not Moving Pictures but it has it's moments surely! Doesn't it? Anyone?

...Please?

Oh yes, I thought Insurgents was pretty good. Nice to see a little bit of all of Wilson's influences appearing and not just the dark, heavy stuff. I still don't know whether or not to get tickets for Porcupine Tree in Leeds in October, as Deep Purple are touring the same month, there's Summer's End to consider and Marillion have yet to announce Autumn tour dates.

LivingForever

Quote from: "Mouse"I still don't know whether or not to get tickets for Porcupine Tree in Leeds in October, as Deep Purple are touring the same month, there's Summer's End to consider and Marillion have yet to announce Autumn tour dates.

Have you seen PT before? They will *pwn* all of the above... you must go!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "Philadelphia"

Oh come now, it's not Moving Pictures but it has it's moments surely! Doesn't it? Anyone?

...Please?

Oh yes, I thought Insurgents was pretty good. Nice to see a little bit of all of Wilson's influences appearing and not just the dark, heavy stuff. I still don't know whether or not to get tickets for Porcupine Tree in Leeds in October, as Deep Purple are touring the same month, there's Summer's End to consider and Marillion have yet to announce Autumn tour dates.

It does have its moments, but they're uncharacteristically few for Rush, I think...
I've seen DP twice and PT 15 times and I'd still go for PT... But I suppose with them being my favourite band I'm slightly biased. (:-P
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mouse

Quote from: "LivingForever"Have you seen PT before? They will *pwn* all of the above... you must go!

I haven't, no. I was meant to in 2007 when they played Leeds, but the bastards in the college I was at then said it was absolutely essential I go in on the day I would've missed so that I could attend the gig.

Turns out what was "absolutely essential" was just a tutor telling me everything's fine on my course and that's it. It took less than five minutes. I missed PT playing Dark Matter live for that...  :cry:

FantomG

QuoteI still don't know whether or not to get tickets for Porcupine Tree in Leeds in October...

Well, Mouse, for me, PT are on fire at the moment...having seen them a few times now, ....Mr Wilson brings sheer quality to all he's touching..was at No-Man and Aviv Geffen gigs...so, I would suggest that the next tour will be one not to miss!  ...I'm already booked for the Hammo gig ;oD

Marillion, should be interesting if it's going to be the acoustic tour H was talking about on Rogues Gallery....

Mouse

It is indeed the acoustic tour. As for PT, I've got it in my sights for ticket buying as soon as I've got money properly sorted out.  :)  Anyone else going to this Leeds gig?

JamesA

I am going to the PT Leeds gig - it's standing, so it was a must.

I agree with the other posts on here, and think it will be one heck of a tour...I have read that one part of the new album is a 55 minute track  :twisted: