Main Menu

ELP Cover?

Started by geront, July 01, 2010, 04:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geront

I promise to not write a book in asking one simple question.... Has Jem shared any of the ELP cover song he was going to do??  Fanfare for the Common Man???  I get light headed just thinking what he might do in such a rendition! lol  If it exists, please share.   If you haven't completed it yet Jem, please do.... :)  In your "spare" time of course!  

Warm Regards,

Tony Geron
www.tonygeron.com

Frost bitten and flea ridden, a scoundrel and scholar betwixt...

Pedro

Reacting as I do on the off-chance that the boss might not pop back in for a few days, the Fanfare cover has been done for a week or three. It was submitted to the magazine, who apparently liked it, and it is due to hit newstands in the UK in 6 days time.
I've not heard it yet and I don't know of anyone outside the band who has.
Exactly what will happen to it after the mag is on sale I don't know.
Hopefully it will find a way to get to folk who can't buy the mag somehow....after a suitable amount of time(?)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

Jem also stated he's got two Frost* Reports ready to go, but holding off until the mag comes out as they have chunks of Fanfare in them.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

gav

Does anyone in the UK know if it will be available at WH Smiths, or will I have to go somewhere else? :?
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Mooncat

They did have some distribution issue initially, but I think most reasonably sized WHSmith's will stock it

NB - Other newsagents are also available...........................
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gav

Quote from: "Mooncat"They did have some distribution issue initially, but I think most reasonably sized WHSmith's will stock it

YAY! :D

geront

I missed something here....  wouldn't be the 1st time!! LOL  Errr, what magazine will have this song?  :)
www.tonygeron.com

Frost bitten and flea ridden, a scoundrel and scholar betwixt...

MikeEvs

Quote from: "geront"I missed something here....  wouldn't be the 1st time!! LOL  Errr, what magazine will have this song?  :)

Classic Rock Presents Prog

davejd

Quote from: "Mooncat"They did have some distribution issue initially, but I think most reasonably sized WHSmith's will stock it

have purchased all my copies from WHSmiffs  and they always have plenty for sale. definately the place to go

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "geront"I missed something here....  wouldn't be the 1st time!! LOL  Errr, what magazine will have this song?  :)

Classic Rock Presents Prog

The subject of overseas availability came up on the ELP forum Mrs One runs and she had a look into this and her answer there is:

QuoteThe fine print says that for a single issue (non-subscription) from non-UK or non-EU, they only accept telephone order: +44 (0) 1604 251 045

gav

Quote from: "davejd"

have purchased all my copies from WHSmiffs  and they always have plenty for sale. definately the place to go
Frost*- available at all good newsagents! :D

Mooncat

QuoteFrost*- available at all good newsagents! :D
And some rubbish ones as well................... ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

Asda and Morrison's supermarkets too.

Jem

Quote from: "Pedro"It was submitted to the magazine, who apparently liked it, and it is due to hit newstands in the UK in 6 days time.

Liked it??!! Last I heard it was the lead track on the cd!!  :P

It IS quite unhinged though so be prepared for a challenge or two... ;)

Pedro

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "Pedro"It was submitted to the magazine, who apparently liked it, and it is due to hit newstands in the UK in 6 days time.
Liked it??!! Last I heard it was the lead track on the cd!!  :P
It IS quite unhinged though so be prepared for a challenge or two... ;)
Can't wait. :)