That's a hell of a lot of instruments.....  :D

Mikey

Quote from: "RWA"That's a hell of a lot of instruments.....  :D

& a hell of a lot of good music.

Intro sounds familiar.
I used to have a signature

RWA

Thank you sir! :)
Uhm... familiar to what?! Our music is completely and utterly unique!  ;)

Mikey

Couldn't place it last night, there was some floydish bits in the middle, will let you know when I remember what it is.
I used to have a signature

RWA

Quote from: "Mikey".... will let you know when I remember what it is.
I hope you don't so we can keep thinking this is a totally unique piece!  :lol:

L33VEY

I'm loving it!

Was going to pop over to Echolyn's Bandcamp page after the first listen through, but decided to listen again.   :D
It's like nothing to been involved with before Ron?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

Quote from: "L33VEY"I'm loving it!

Was going to pop over to Echolyn's Bandcamp page after the first listen through, but decided to listen again.   :D
It's like nothing to been involved with before Ron?
Good lad!  :mrgreen:

It kinda fell in my lap. I've been friends with John Beagley for years and we wanted to do something together for ages. He was asked to do vocals on this track (which he was very excited about since Jeremy wrote a track for John Anderson last year and worked with Billy Sherwood on a track) and brought me in as a drummer. I couldn't help to throw in lot's of e-guitar as well. Both Jeremy and John loved it but wanted some acoustic git as well. This is where Tom came in and before we knew it... it was ready. We were very pleased with it and decided to team up. This all happened in 3 to 4 weeks. Life is funny, eh?!  :)

Pedro

Very nice. There is a motif in the first piano bit that made me think I'd heard it somewhere, but no clue where.
The vox are very "Trevor Horn - Drama"-like and I think it works well.
Nice work. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

I hope you never find it!  :lol:

I have no clue really. There's no such thing as 'unique music' these days and it wouldn't surprise me if some of it is familiar. The most shocking moments for me are when I recognize something I play/record to find out later I all ready used that particular fill or chord sequence in another song!  :?

Anyways! Exciting times. I suddenly find myself surrounded by 3 very talented musicians and we're all determined to make a shitload more music like this. I released ECLIPSE part 1 a week ago but it's all ready became a 19 minute epic (and counting....) for this band. The creative juices are flowing for all of us so it seems. 2 more of these and we have an album.  :D

Pajter

Amazing the stuff you discover after being away from the Frost* forum for a while. It sounds like something fresh, though familiar. Very good!

Digging the drums as well, good playing there RWA.

Pedro

Ha ha, no it's nothing like a copy or anything like that, it just hints at...something (it's gonna drive me mad trying to place it!). It's a bit like how It Bites' "Big Machine" hints at "Welcome To Nowhere"...it's fleeting but it's there.

Anyway, onwards! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pajter"Amazing the stuff you discover after being away from the Frost* forum for a while. It sounds like something fresh, though familiar. Very good!

Digging the drums as well, good playing there RWA.
Well thanks very much sir.  :D

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Ha ha, no it's nothing like a copy or anything like that, it just hints at...something (it's gonna drive me mad trying to place it!). It's a bit like how It Bites' "Big Machine" hints at "Welcome To Nowhere"...it's fleeting but it's there.

Pedro called it! So onwards it is then!  ;)

Rook

Ooh, thats quality, that is. I think we could even call it "proper prog". I'd even go so far as to spend my own hard earned on it :o)

/R

L33VEY

Quote from: "Pedro"Ha ha, no it's nothing like a copy or anything like that, it just hints at...something (it's gonna drive me mad trying to place it!). It's a bit like how It Bites' "Big Machine" hints at "Welcome To Nowhere"...it's fleeting but it's there.

Hopefully I can stop Pedro going mad - is it Rick Wakeman's opening bit on Awaken?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age