Frost* Headlining Celebr8.3 Sunday!!!

Started by Pedro, March 20, 2014, 11:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

Quote from: rogerg on March 29, 2014, 01:56:35 PM
Who is Frost*?  Are they any good?
They were some kind of prog band from years ago, I think. Did two albums and that was it. I had no idea they were still around. Gawd, they must nearly be in their fourties now...

They were pretty good, but the keyboard player can't seem to get a good Mellotron choir patch happening. Must be broke too, 'cause he doesn't surround himself with keyboards on stage. Sometimes he only has one! Poor bugger. Still, I guess that's what you get if your prog band can't manage to pad every song out to over ten minutes.

DueyC

Quote from: Rook on March 29, 2014, 10:01:28 PM
They were pretty good, but the keyboard player can't seem to get a good Mellotron choir patch happening. Must be broke too, 'cause he doesn't surround himself with keyboards on stage. Sometimes he only has one! Poor bugger. Still, I guess that's what you get if your prog band can't manage to pad every song out to over ten minutes.

I'm confused. Surely if their songs were under ten minutes long they can't have been prog?
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

rogerg

E.S.

No Mellotron, Rickenbacker, shoddy vocals and mediocre production... Nuff said. Not prog.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: E.S. on March 30, 2014, 06:50:33 PM
No Mellotron, Rickenbacker, shoddy vocals and mediocre production... Nuff said. Not prog.

Hmmm, slightly ambiguous there, ES: are you saying that this "Frost*" lacks all four of those things, or that they have no Mellotron and Rickenbacker, but do have shoddy vocals and mediocre production?

For me, all that matters is the cool (heh) name ...  ;)

E.S.

Nellie

It's in the post!

Fogeyspasm

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

tigermoth

Haven't looked at this thread for a while and I just read from where I left off. I bet those of us who said they might not make it are wishing they hadn't bothered saying it! :) Stil not sure if I can by the way.
"I realise that means waiting till next year.  I have tickets for other gigs to tide me over this year, like Within Temptation, The Devin Townsend Project and Lazuli & Moon Safari." Devin Townsend project are gigging! Why did nobody tell me this? Oh, and yes totally right about frost. Just plane aweful! And have you heard some of the terible drummers they've had over the years? Shocking!!! :)

MikeEvs

Quote from: tigermoth on April 16, 2014, 02:20:39 PM
Devin Townsend project are gigging! Why did nobody tell me this?

Their doing a couple of warm up shows before playing the sonisphere festival I'm going to the DTP gig at Nottingham Rock City on July 3rd. They play The Assembly in Leamington Spa on July 4th and then Sonisphere on July 6th

sawtooth

Quote from: MikeEvs on April 16, 2014, 02:34:29 PM

Their doing a couple of warm up shows before playing the sonisphere festival I'm going to the DTP gig at Nottingham Rock City on July 3rd. They play The Assembly in Leamington Spa on July 4th and then Sonisphere on July 6th

Ooooo! I didnt know that!
If I can get tickets, I'll be going to the Rock City gig Mike :)

MikeEvs

Quote from: sawtooth on April 16, 2014, 02:52:51 PM
Quote from: MikeEvs on April 16, 2014, 02:34:29 PM

Ooooo! I didnt know that!
If I can get tickets, I'll be going to the Rock City gig Mike :)

Hope you can get tickets mate :)

tigermoth

Oo, now Nottingham is a place I can get to. :) Thanks for the info sir.

MikeEvs

Quote from: tigermoth on April 16, 2014, 03:25:42 PM
Oo, now Nottingham is a place I can get to. :) Thanks for the info sir.

No problem  :)

turbo

just incase no one has noticed day tickets are now on sale, got mine earlier  :) ;)
?"By the beard of Zeus"