3 more shows

Started by Nellie, September 27, 2016, 01:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen

Anyone tape the Twats? I loved that, especially the Kino stuff

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on April 10, 2017, 12:46:07 PM
Anyone tape the Twats? I loved that, especially the Kino stuff

Not me, I'm afraid: I only arrived halfway through that set, as I'd been having a lovely dinner with some old friends of mine  8)

Mordwin

I did notice you standing next to me recording the last parts of Sunlight... but didn't see you afterwards to say hi...

Anyway, thanks for the video!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mordwin on April 10, 2017, 06:22:57 PM
I did notice you standing next to me recording the last parts of Sunlight... but didn't see you afterwards to say hi...

Oops: sorry  :( I didn't spot you: where exactly? In front of me, to the left or right?

I went back upstairs for the finale, where I was for most of the gig, because I wanted a more balanced sound than I had at Prog Dreams in Zoetermeer a few weeks ago, when I was right down the front. I then got talking to a couple of folk after the gig, and only came down briefly to say hello to the band as they were rapidly packing up, before decamping to the bar next door with a few other Frost*ies.

Nellie

Edinburgh was the worst attended, mainly because the venue didn't advertise it at all. They won't play there again, especially after the way the band and fans were treated.
The tourette was brilliant and thanks to all those who came out to play. I think the boys played the best they've ever done and we all had a proper laugh.

Anyone who missed out on t-shirts will be happy to know that I've just ordered a load more in olive green and dark heather (whatever that is) which will be on sale this week for dispatch whenever they arrive. I'm also going to order some black and white baseball type long sleeve shirts with the Falling Satellites design on the front.
Friend me up on the book of faces or twitter for updates.
It's in the post!

DueyC

Quote from: Nellie on April 11, 2017, 03:28:59 PM
Anyone who missed out on t-shirts will be happy to know that I've just ordered a load more in olive green and dark heather (whatever that is)

I had visions of some kind of muted purple, but no, it seems dark heather is another name for grey  :-\
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Mordwin

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on April 10, 2017, 07:40:37 PM
Quote from: Mordwin on April 10, 2017, 06:22:57 PM

Oops: sorry  :( I didn't spot you: where exactly? In front of me, to the left or right?

I went back upstairs for the finale, where I was for most of the gig, because I wanted a more balanced sound than I had at Prog Dreams in Zoetermeer a few weeks ago, when I was right down the front. I then got talking to a couple of folk after the gig, and only came down briefly to say hello to the band as they were rapidly packing up, before decamping to the bar next door with a few other Frost*ies.

I was on your left, but didn't want to disturb a man and his camera :) Hope you had a good time!

Mikey

Citadel- great little venue, great gig & great company, thanks Owen & Tom (the stalker), pity your brothers couldn't come

Must say thanks to TA for working some magic in aligning the stars to enable me to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to have a signature

BrendanGee

All things considered I enjoyed the Edinburgh gig and thought the lads were on fine form.
Loved hearing some Kino and It Bites tracks in the Twats set.
Sad to hear that the venue didn't pull their weight.
Big thanks to the band for taking the time to come and play, it's always really appreciated.
Shout out to Nellie and the rest of the crew, you guys do a great job!
Bring on the Trumpets!

RetroGeet

Thoroughly enjoyed the gigs, all were brilliant in their own way.

Thanks to Mikey & Owen for meeting up for some drinks beforehand in St Helens (sorry my 7 brothers couldn't make it) :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on April 11, 2017, 10:25:51 PM
Must say thanks to TA for working some magic in aligning the stars to enable me to go.

I'm an astronomer, not an astrologer, but if it pleases you to think so  :P

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on April 12, 2017, 07:50:06 AM

I thought you'd managed to reposition a few for me 😀

I used to have a signature

owen

There's a difference?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Nellie on April 11, 2017, 03:28:59 PM
Edinburgh was the worst attended, mainly because the venue didn't advertise it at all. They won't play there again, especially after the way the band and fans were treated.

Well, I hope you mean they won't be playing The Liquid Room again, rather than Edinburgh more generally: I always enjoy visiting my old city, and if Frost* are there too, all the better.

It did seem pretty sparse: I estimated about 100 or maybe 150 only. Obviously, that's not great from a financial perspective at all, but I did at least think the crowd responded positively and loudly to the excellent performance by the band. So in that sense, it was very good, but of course, not good if not financially viable.

When you say "the way the band and fans were treated", was that just in reference to being kicked out pretty rapidly afterwards, to clear the venue for the subsequent dance night? Or were there other issues?

Anyway, again, you can be sure that everyone in the room enjoyed the gig, and so I'm very grateful for you and the band making the trip.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on April 12, 2017, 09:59:57 AM

There's a difference?

Such a dilemma. Do I dignify this comment with a response or do I ignore it completely?