Main Menu

13 Winters

Started by D S, September 18, 2020, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

owen

I hope you enjoy it. Mine's available in 30 days :'(

BrendanGee

Been slowly working my way through the CDs in the last few days.

Pretty much of a similar mind on most of the things that have been said so far:

EIMA mix is really good, sounds a lot more natural and gives everything a bit of space. Love that 'The Secret Song' is a separate track now.
At first was a bit confused about 'BLM' & 'The Other Me' being swapped around but once again it gives the listener time to catch their breath.
Shame about 'Nice Day For It...' Think I'll slip the 2016 version onto my iPod in its place for the time being.

Has anyone else's book got a misprint?
In the lyric sheet for 'Welcome To Nowhere' the lyrics for 'Experiments In Mass Appeal' has been printed again.  :o
Bring on the Trumpets!

L33VEY

Quote from: BrendanGee on November 26, 2020, 04:21:39 PM

Has anyone else's book got a misprint?
In the lyric sheet for 'Welcome To Nowhere' the lyrics for 'Experiments In Mass Appeal' has been printed again.  :o

I fear that all 3,000 have been printed like that.  Big Big Train have got a "Passenger" who meticulously proof reads their sleeve notes and programmes before they get printed.  But then they don't have a label behind them to help with that.
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

D S

Right, so is that all the deliberate mistakes spotted now?! ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

LivingForever

Jen has responded to me on Twitter to let me know that the "Nice Day for It" error is being (or has been?) fixed.

I don't know what that will entail though, hopefully the CDs will be reprinted or at least a lossless download. :)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

rogerg

Quote from: D S on November 26, 2020, 06:05:19 PM
Right, so is that all the deliberate mistakes spotted now?! ;)

heh

rogerg

wow. these mixes are out-of-this-world!!  Jem has outdone himself.  I didn't think there was anything left to hear that I hadn't heard before, since I have listened to this stuff a million(town) times, but wow.  such depth and nuance.  <3

Mordwin

Quote from: rogerg on November 27, 2020, 07:33:14 PM
wow. these mixes are out-of-this-world!!  Jem has outdone himself.  I didn't think there was anything left to hear that I hadn't heard before, since I have listened to this stuff a million(town) times, but wow.  such depth and nuance.  <3

they do give the old songs a whole new lease of life (not that they needed it of course :D), everything just feels like it has its own space and room to be heard. Jem has clearly been levelling up his production skills... :D Makes one salivate even more for the new stuff!

lyn

Quote from: LivingForever on November 27, 2020, 10:17:21 AM
Jen has responded to me on Twitter to let me know that the "Nice Day for It" error is being (or has been?) fixed.

I don't know what that will entail though, hopefully the CDs will be reprinted or at least a lossless download. :)

Jen!!!😂. Must be contagious, this deliberate misstake thingy!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

rogerg

heh.  I had to make autocorrect sit and heel to get it it to write Jem!!  ;D

owen

owen

Apple Music is ripping mine. Genre: Rap. OK then....

rogerg

FranticDav

For anyone who wishes a replacement disc, here's the response from Jem:

13 Winters Boxset

Hello everyone,

It’s come to my attention, thanks to the vigilant eyes and ears of your good selves, that there are three production issues with the 13 Winters boxset.

These are namely –
1.  “Milliontown” is missing an L on the lyric page.
2.  The lyrics of "Welcome To Nowhere" are duplicated for "Experiments In Mass Appeal".
3.  The second half of “Nice Day For It” on the Falling Satellites disc is instrumental.
No excuses  - the blame lies entirely with myself, Paul Tippett and the record company. I’m hugely embarrassed and p***ed off about it and I offer my sincere apologies to you all for these errors that should have been picked up between us, but weren’t.

In terms of trying to rectify this, I’ve spoken to InsideOut and with regard to the artwork there’s not a great deal we can do at this time as the initial 3,000 copy run has been printed and sent out to all the distributors. It’s far from an ideal situation, but if and when we get to a second run we will of course make the necessary corrections.

With regard to the incorrect audio however, it’s better news. I’ve arranged with InsideOut that we will re-print the Falling Satellites disc with the correct audio in place and send it to those that would like a replacement version, free of charge.

If you would like a replacement disc, I’ve included a link with this message that will take you to a mailing list, please make sure you fill out your full address including country of residence as we’ll be needing it for the postal services.

So that we can conclude this problem swiftly there will be a 30 day time limit on registering, therefore the closing date will be Friday 5th February to get a replacement disc. We will then get the discs printed and sent out asap after that and keep you updated.
Here’s the link - https://bit.ly/3rUOs3e

The digital version of the boxset has already had the incorrect mix replaced.

Once again, please accept my apologies for this, I should have been more across everything at the physical production stage and I have learned some valuable lessons as a result. It certainly will not happen again.

Take care,
Jem

Source: https://www.facebook.com/frostlife/posts/222327866185065

So everyone who wants a replacement disc, fill out the form (weird they're not asking for proof of purchase).
"Popular taste is cyclical, not to say fecal." - Neil Peart