Red Bazar album now available for Pre-order!

Started by tigermoth, March 04, 2016, 09:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

In defence of the White Knight team they're usually pretty hot at getting stuff mailed out, so I have no concerns on that front !!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

owen

Not sure about an address of

Mickey
Spain

though

Mikey

More chance than Pedro, Spain 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to have a signature

D S

Well, my copy arrived yesterday and I'm on my 2nd listen through already.  I bought it without hearing a note because with 2 Frost*ies involved, I knew it was bound to be good!  ;)

And I'm not disappointed - many congrats gents.  8) It's probably wrong to look for points of reference as Red Bazar have their own sound but I think that the sound will appeal to fans of bands like Darwin's Radio and Jadis.  Interestingly, I found the songs got better (or more to my taste perhaps) as the album went on, which is the opposite of many albums which hit you with all the good stuff early on but then just fizzle out with filler. I suspect Wish You Were Here may be in the band's collection (lovely RW-type sounds at the end of Almost Over, Gary :))).  Quite a mid-era Genesis tinge to City And The Stars.  Sunset For A New World appeals to my guitar tendencies.  There is a definite early PT feel to the start of Queen Of The Night Part 2 and possibly even hints of Frost*'s Welcome To Nowhere with the vocal treatments on Calling On Her.

Talking of vocals, Pete, you just keep getting better!  These are world class vocals sir.  Interestingly, although it is clearly recognisable as you, in the context of this band (as opposed to TMT), there is a slightly harder Ray Wilson-esque tone to your singing, which really suits you.

This one will be in the CD player / iPod for a long while.  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

sawtooth

Quote from: D S on March 24, 2016, 11:29:28 AM
Well, my copy arrived yesterday and I'm on my 2nd listen through already.  I bought it without hearing a note because with 2 Frost*ies involved, I knew it was bound to be good!  ;)

And I'm not disappointed - many congrats gents.  8) It's probably wrong to look for points of reference as Red Bazar have their own sound but I think that the sound will appeal to fans of bands like Darwin's Radio and Jadis.  Interestingly, I found the songs got better (or more to my taste perhaps) as the album went on, which is the opposite of many albums which hit you with all the good stuff early on but then just fizzle out with filler. I suspect Wish You Were Here may be in the band's collection (lovely RW-type sounds at the end of Almost Over, Gary :))).  Quite a mid-era Genesis tinge to City And The Stars.  Sunset For A New World appeals to my guitar tendencies.  There is a definite early PT feel to the start of Queen Of The Night Part 2 and possibly even hints of Frost*'s Welcome To Nowhere with the vocal treatments on Calling On Her.

Talking of vocals, Pete, you just keep getting better!  These are world class vocals sir.  Interestingly, although it is clearly recognisable as you, in the context of this band (as opposed to TMT), there is a slightly harder Ray Wilson-esque tone to your singing, which really suits you.

This one will be in the CD player / iPod for a long while.  8)

Thanks so much for your kind words and first Frost*ie review!
I agree Pete did a really stunning job with the vocals - some of the close harmony work he did filled out the sound more than instrumentation alone would ever have done.
I think most bands tend to wear their influences on their sleeves to a degree, but although I know Pete and myself are true Genesis believers I think the rest of the band have very different (and diverse) musical heroes.
The funny thing abut the keys on the end of Almost Over was that I never really intended them to stay in the final mix - I just sorta noodled around filling space assuming there would be a guitar solo, or maybe a guest solo from Pete, so I didnt really pay much heed to the style or content of what I was playing to be honest - I just bashed it down! Next thing I know its in the final bleedin' mix!
And listening back to it, weeks after I'd recorded it, I too was struck by the similarity to the Rick Wright style and synth noise I'd used. Again totally accidental, as I dont listen to an awful lot of Pink Floyd really, being a Banks kinda guy. But I do have a soft spot and respect for keyboard players who go for more atmospheric or supportive roles such as Wright, or Richard Barbieri of Porcupine Tree. It's the spaces that are left between notes and the affect you have on the vibe of a track which float my boat, rather than shredding all over a track. Plus I can't shred anyway so it's a win-win situation lol  :D
Thanks again - it really means a lot coming from a fellow Frost*ie!

Mikey

Excellent work guys

Pete knows what's coming next, & he's going to be busy, Red Bazar 2, Story tellers 2, Cocoon 2

owen

Plus Camel. Hey Pete, is it just a playing gig or will you be writing/recording as well?

Mikey

sawtooth

Not usually one to boast but we've just had the first official review in for Tales from the Bookcase from Progressive Aspect. Wow!

http://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog/2016/04/03/red-bazar-tales-from-the-bookcase/

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

tigermoth

Ah Gary, you beat me. I was just about to post the TPA review. My god, that's some review is it not? :) I think Leo knows more about the album than we do. :) Brilliant.
Thanks for the great feedback everybody. I'm not sure if it's the joys of spring, but I'm extremely happy today and these kind words are making it even better.
DS, thanks a lot sir. I believe I've previously unintentionally channeled Phill Collins, but I feel on this album I intentionally tried to channel all three Genesis vocalists, so well done on the Ray Wilson point. :) I too think the album builds and gets better as it goes on, a bit like Cocoon. I firmly believe this is how albums should really be, though I know why there's such a temptation to shoot the big guns first especially these days with so much competition. I'm glad we did it that way. :)
Re Camel, I am taking a few vocals duties on the tour. Re writing and recording, it wouldn't be telling too much to say that Andy and I have swapped a few noodles here and there, but nothing so firm as writing or recording plans have been made or really mentioned. But one never knows. :)
Cocoon 2, I don't think there is one. Story Tellers 2? Next year. Red Bazar 2? Probably next year. Some kind of TMT album, maybe the end of this year. :)
Anything else you'd like Mikey? :)
I now have a question. Have you been putting anything out recently DS, or are you working on anything?

Thanks again chaps, and please do tell your mates. :) Mothster.

Mikey

Haven't read the review yet, but this really is a toptastic album.

Frost*ies, get out there and buy it, or even just shop online😀

sawtooth

Quote from: Mikey on April 03, 2016, 09:35:51 PM

Thanks for your support Mikey!  :D

D S

Quote from: tigermoth on April 03, 2016, 05:12:29 PM
I now have a question. Have you been putting anything out recently DS, or are you working on anything?
Funnily enough, I did just complete a new album's worth of material last week but it is really just noodlings for my own amusement and should not be mentioned in the same thread as professional music by Red Bazar or TMT.  :-[ :o
However, if you want a copy Pete, just PM me your address and I'll send you a copy.  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Quote from: sawtooth on April 03, 2016, 10:58:36 PM
Quote from: Mikey on April 03, 2016, 09:35:51 PM

Thanks for your support Mikey!  :D
Just credit, where credit 's due 😀😀😀